• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Leadtek winfast GF2 pro problem, maybe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yogee

Registered
Leadtek winfast GF2 pro problem, maybe?

Im not sure what the problem is but here are the details. When i boot or restart my screen is off set. I have to re-center it very often by my monitor's on screen settings. If i go into the winfast settings and center it, it moves the screen over to the right or left more than 2 inches. Then if i reboot its back to the monitor's center setting. I started with the cd drivers which are the 650's. I updated to the 11.01's and started to see this problem. I updated again to the beta 12.00's and it got worse. When i run a game every thing is fine UNTILL i exit the game. When i do exit a game (not always) the screen is off set like i reset in winfast settings. My refresh rate on the monitor tab is set to "OPTIMAL". In the winfast setting for refresh it is left blank couse there is no optimal. It can be set to 100 but then wouldnt that limmit my fps in games? Vsync is set to off in both d3d and opengl tabs. My monitor is a 19 inch KDS VS195.
Any idea's?

Uninstall the winfast drivers completley and use the nvidia drivers. I find the detonator 3, ver 6.50 or 10.80 work well for me with windows me.
Go into the monitor setting for the geforce in the advanced display properties and uncheck the box marked reset display on suspend/resume.

Placid (Apr 23, 2001 06:52 p.m.):
Uninstall the winfast drivers completley and use the nvidia drivers. I find the detonator 3, ver 6.50 or 10.80 work well for me with windows me.
Go into the monitor setting for the geforce in the advanced display properties and uncheck the box marked reset display on suspend/resume.

I have unchecked "reset display on suspend/resume" PER your suggestion.

I am and have been using detonator 3 drivers with this card. Also, i have installed the winfox utility that comes on the Leadteks cd. Are you saying to uninstall this utility?

Yes the leadtek one isnt necessary and may interfere with the nvidia drivers.
You can still overclock the card with coolbits.

Here is a link with all kinds ove geforce questions answered and links to drivers,programs.

If you still have this problem then you may want to set your monitor to use a fixed frequency rather than optimal.
Maybe 70hz. If you your desktop is set to 640X 480 and you run a game in 800x 600 this will often times make your monitor go off center but should return to normal after quitting the game. Some monitors allow you to adust the centering for each mode while some do not. Make sure the driver listed for the monitor in the system device manager matches what you have that may help.

Placid (Apr 23, 2001 08:17 p.m.):
Yes the leadtek one isnt necessary and may interfere with the nvidia drivers.
You can still overclock the card with coolbits.

Here is a link with all kinds ove geforce questions answered and links to drivers,programs.

If you still have this problem then you may want to set your monitor to use a fixed frequency rather than optimal.
Maybe 70hz. If you your desktop is set to 640X 480 and you run a game in 800x 600 this will often times make your monitor go off center but should return to normal after quitting the game. Some monitors allow you to adust the centering for each mode while some do not. Make sure the driver listed for the monitor in the system device manager matches what you have that may help.

Thanx for the link. I'll surely check it out. I have my desktop set to 1024 and since getting this card ive been playing games at 1260-1600 rang. Depends on game really. The monitor driver is listed corectly. A question though. If i set the refresh rate to 100 or lower and disable vsync will this limit my frame rates in games? Thanx for all your help and suggestions.

No the monitors refresh rate will not effect your video cards frame rate when unsync'd.
I only have my monitor set to 60hz and get 130fps in q3 test demo.

Couple of things come mind... First the problem: Maybe your monitor doesn't remember the settings or you have to store them by your self. My Nokia remembers 10 last used resolutions, if I remember correctly.

Then a little correction: 10.xx and above are Detonator 4, not Detonator 3. You can verify that by checking the registry keys name. I haven't checked the 7.xx batch, so I can't say about that.

Back