• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

List your BF3 hardware here - Are you ready?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4
Intel x3350 @ 3.0ghz
8gb DDR2
(2) Sapphire 6850s (stock clock)
Antec EA-750
1920x1200
Catalyst 11.10

I was running (1) 6850 and getting 30-40fps on High, very playable. Ultra ran 15-30fps, pretty unplayable.

Got a second 6850 running ultra at 40-70fps depending on the map. Around 60fps average on campaign. CPU is now the issue its running 100 percent on all four cores. Thinking about pushing it back to 3.6ghz and see if that helps but I doubt it.

Once I went crossfire I ran into lots of blue screens and weird issues not sure whats up with that..

Gigabyte GA-EX38-DS4
Intel x3350 @ 3.0ghz
8gb DDR2
(2) Sapphire 6850s (stock clock)
Antec EA-750
1920x1200
Catalyst 11.10

I was running (1) 6850 and getting 30-40fps on High, very playable. Ultra ran 15-30fps, pretty unplayable.

Got a second 6850 running ultra at 40-70fps depending on the map. Around 60fps average on campaign. CPU is now the issue its running 100 percent on all four cores. Thinking about pushing it back to 3.6ghz and see if that helps but I doubt it.

Once I went crossfire I ran into lots of blue screens and weird issues not sure whats up with that..

Have you installed the latest CAP?

intel i7 920 @ 4ghz
nvidia 480 SLI with antec mod
12 gb ram

All in ultra + HBAO and im getting from 70 fps till 170 :D

LOL..your post is like a pretty girl at a party saying she is ugly. Your vid card is a little dated but otherwise its a decent rig, hows it run on that 4870?

I haven't had a chance to extensively test it, but I had to change the settings from medium to low (1080p) because I was experiencing lower frames in the outside spawn of Operation Metro. The game is still beautiful on low though.

BTW I noticed that you have the Freezer 7. I bought one of those about a year and a half ago, but I never opened it because I heard that it isn't good for OCing, but according to your sig it works?

BTW I noticed that you have the Freezer 7. I bought one of those about a year and a half ago, but I never opened it because I heard that it isn't good for OCing, but according to your sig it works?

Well...you know what the OC forum is like...impeccably high standards, so for me, it works well but many people on the forums dont like it. For the price its fine. I get 50-60c when gaming and idyl its about 42c. yes....I know thats shocking and I may have to retire from the forum for posting such high temps ;) I wont mention my prime temps:mad: I've gotten a stern talking to about my cooler. If you are not overclocking, then its a quiet HSF...I mostly run at stock speeds and then my CPU is in the steady 30's. I just think back to the days I was running Athlons and how hot they got on air...so 40c is good considering I used to get 60c on stock back in the day. I fully realize that by posting my temps and views I am liable to get an intervention at my doorstep any time soon.

Back