• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Live USB Maker Appimage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

habbajabba

The devs over at MX Linux have created an appimage file of the live usb maker that's included in any antix/mx distro. MX does NOT use system.d by default, though you can opt to if you want. The live usb make is for creating a bootable flash of an iso file. As long as your system is not running system.d, and uses sysvinit instead, persistence of the usb drive should work. Persistence would be keyboard options when the flash drive first boots allowing you to set the parameters. If not, the appimage will simply create a bootable flash of any iso from within your distro of choice, be it ubuntu, whatever. Appimage files are aps that run from a single executable file (requiring root of course).

LUM Appimage
https://mxlinux.org/blog/live-usb-maker-tool-now-available-as-an-appimage/ 47mb (64bit only)
Download, extract and run from terminal
"sudo ./live-usb-maker-qt-19.11.02.x86_64.AppImage" no quotes

Here's a vid on how to. ~5m
I'd show a pic of the gui but I'm in windows now.

I use this method for my desktop backups too. I make a running iso snapshot as a backup file, and then hand it off to the usb maker if I want to reinstall or just to have as a portable flash of my system to go.

Last edited:
Back