• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Local Store carried only AGOGA and AGKGA

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AudiMan

I did some reasearch on which stepping is the best for 1700+'s and saw that AGOGA and AGKGA are good. I called my local dealer and that is all they had in stock! So I got me an AGOGA and clocked it to 1627 right out of the box @ 1.8 Vcore. With better cooling I can do 1650 easy.

They sell them for $230 CDN ($144 US).

Kind of expensive, but that's how it is in Winnipeg, Canada.

Cheapest store in town too, but it's better than paying for an unoverclockable XP-1900+ :D

Yeah, I'm just waiting for a case to arrive. This one has poor ventilation, limiting my OC capabilities due to too much heat.

Hmmm, ventillation + good aircooling = mad clock on that thing.

You could probably even get it to 1750, with a high vcore, and good cooling.

Yeah but I would need to do a Vmod.

By the way, does anyone know if I do a vmod on the processor to default to 1.85 V, will it enable me to change the voltage in the bios to 1.95?

How about a list of mobos that let you change the voltage higher than 1.85?

I actually tricked my Asus A7M266-D that way. By connected the middle L11 Bridges to default to 1.85 Vcore.

As for the Vmods there, I already tried it on my 8KHA+, but the legs on the IC are so small! Maybe I'll try again when I get my new case in.

Back