• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

logitech mx518

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rustylivz

Which logitech mouse replaced the mx518 ? My mx518 has seen better days the right click button is broken .

Last edited:
No, the G500 is not the one... The G400 is the refresh of the MX518. The G500 is "bleh" imo

Logitech G400 @ Amazon
"Set your sights on victory with the new MX518"

I can't think of any complaints on my end for either of my G500s.

:shrug:

Nah, it has Logitech's quality behind it, but as a consistent user of the 518 and the MIE 1.1/3.0, the G500 didn't have the 518 feel to it(At least for me). Which is why I was happy to see them put out the G400.

Yep, the G400 is closer. Thought it was the G500 because of the shape.

I have both (well, I use the G400 and my brother across the hall uses the G500). The G500 has more bells and whistles (adjustable weight, dedicated DPI drop button on the side) and feels a bit more solidly built. The only thing that might get some getting used to is that the sensor is towards the front of the mouse, not in the middle.

Glad I found this thread, I love my 518 and was concerned about finding another when it eventually eats it.

the g400 is a bit more sensitive, i have both and use both and your hand doesnt get as sweaty with the matte. but i prefer the 518 for some reason who knows.

the g400 is a bit more sensitive, i have both and use both and your hand doesnt get as sweaty with the matte. but i prefer the 518 for some reason who knows.

The 518 is simply that good :) I still have mine, but just like my Intellimouse 3.0, it is wooooorn!

Back