• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Long Windows Boot time. Motherboard related.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BlueNostromo

I recently upgraded my system and gave my girlfriend the hand-me-downs. This motherboard (Asus ROG VII Hero) paired with 4x4gb 1600mhz ram, 4790k overclocked, and SSD boot drive takes somewhere around 5 minutes to boot. It took that much time for my SATA SSD's and NVME SSD's before. IIRC the bios time reported in task manager start up is something like 8-12 seconds. Fast boot on in bios. Not sure what we are missing. Even reset bios to factory settings to no avail.

As stated, two different boot drives had this issue. I tried that in the past to no avail anyway. Looking for possible motherboard related issues.

Ok, so different drives means fresh OS installs? Got it. ;)

Have you tried unplugging all but one device, be it SATA or NVMe, and try to boot one of them alone? Does it take even longer if fast boot is disabled? What are you seeing on screen during this 5 minute wait?

Back