• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

look what I can do :D

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
sounds simple enough. I was just worried about shorting out the exposed electronics on the back. I'll try it and let you guys know the results later.

I already kind of think voltage might be the issue, since by my ir therm my gpu doesn't go much above 105F (probably not an accurate recording, but meh, what can I do? ;) ).
anyone willing to share the joy of overvolting this card is welcome to share :) I wish there were an easier way to do it...

Makes me want to hack up an old heatsink and mod the heck out of my Prophet 2 GTS
That's weird. I've had a strange urge lately to watercool and voltmod this Geforce2 GTS I have, in the hopes of setting some kind of 3D Mark record with it. :D They only cost what, $30?

finally got 2001se downloaded. I'm going to have scores for you guys in just a sec.
oh, and I did the softquadro mod. it seems to have boosted my score a little ;)

stock at 270/405: 6806
oc'd to 335/565: 7954 (very rare artifacts)
oc'd to 342/570: 8014 (artifacts more commonplace)

best results without artifacts: 333/563

it's bizarre because I can run ut2004 at 350/575 with very minimal artifacts... but that game is designed to run better on nvidia cards...
my drivers are 44.03 detonators.

I'll try to get pics of my ramsinks up later. they're huge...

I think I won't worry about vmodding this thing until I get another card, just in case I kill this one. I'm kind of leaning towards either a fx5600 or 4ti (pick a series later) what do you guys recommend for a guy on a budget? I know I want pixel shaders...

how about for tolerance? my mobo doesn't have a pci/agp lock, and I push my fsb to 217(434) right now with my current cooling... I've heard that ati cards aren't as forgiving... what say you?

Depends on the individual card my man.I had a 5200 burn out on me @72mhz.
Never had a problem with any other card @72mhz though.

I've read that ATI cards are lesss forgiving in general,but I saw one claimed to be running his 9800pro @82 or something rediculous like that.

To me you taking a chance even if its a very small one.

I always wondered how do you attach a heatsink to the back of the video card without it touching the diodes and killing the card?

Nebulous said:
I always wondered how do you attach a heatsink to the back of the video card without it touching the diodes and killing the card?

if you use a stock hs, it's anodized. anodizing makes the surface nonconductive. if you lapped it, well, don't bother. it's a little more risky then... imo anyway.

Mounting is no problem. The real question is how do you interface the heat sink to the PCB in the rear of the card without shorting the circuits? Did you build an epoxy pad or something?

bobad said:
Mounting is no problem. The real question is how do you interface the heat sink to the PCB in the rear of the card without shorting the circuits? Did you build an epoxy pad or something?

Yeah,I had a TI4200 that was running on 250mhz of fire!I always wanted to somehow cool the back of the card more effectively than just a little fan blowing over it.

sad but true, folks. I upgraded to a 9600XT, so I didn't really have much of a use any more for the old (doomsday) mx.
scp has a much better use for it considering his current system. so I traded it for 512 of pc3200. fair to me, since I've been running on 256 of pc2100 oc'd to 333 2.5-2-2-6 and running async... should be a performance booster, for sure. the XT already is.

and yes, you'd have to make some kind of pad to interface the rear hs to the pcb... otherwise the extra heatsink could do more harm than good by limiting airflow to the pcb.

and scp, that mx *will* do 350/575 stably any time you're ready ;) and your case is quite a bit cooler than mine, so it might even do better...

Back