• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a FULL TOWER case, need suggestions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shiggity

If I wanted to buy a full tower case what would be my best best with emphasis on:

1) Air Flow

2) Mobo Tray

3) Wire management setup

4) Clear Door /w fan option

My first rig was a full tower antec aluminum case and I recently went to the antec 900, but I think I need more room.

More room you say?

IMG_0904.jpg

Is THAT big enough? :D That is a full blown ATX motherboard, your eyes do not deceive you!

http://s55.photobucket.com/albums/g121/thideras/Computer mods/

The ThermalTake Armor (8000) is your friend. While this case does not have a motherboard tray (what do people use them for????), it has AMAZING airflow, wire management (with mods), clear door with a fan if you want (you won't need it, trust me). This guy is made of steel and sits a few feet high.

If you are not afraid of cutting some holes, this is the best case out there, ESPECIALLY if you are even considering water cooling!

Check out my link above. I cut some holes in the bottom (for a radiator, just normal fans would work too) and in the motherboard "tray" for wire management.

Any questions about the TT Armor, I can answer!! :D

I still recommend the XClio Windtunnel for a full tower case. The two 250mm side mounted fans are a huge plus to the design. Not much of a need for any other fans, and even with my watercooling setup, I dont use an other fans on the rad. The whole system (HDs, Rad, NB, etc) is cooled solely by those two fans alone (not counting the built in PSU fan).

tygonroute.jpg

I'm in love with the Coolermaster Cosmos S (It's not out yet, it was announced at CES 2008)

It isn't out yet, but it's basically the Cosmos without a front door and a little better cooling. That and the Silverstone TJ07 are the top two on my sexytime case list.

The coolermaster 690 also looks like a great case on the lower priced spectrum. It seems to get praise by people that own it around here.

Looks cool, more suggestions are welcome.

Any lian li or coolermaster suggestions?

Lian-Li suggestions you say???

The PC-G70B is a beauty of a case, and VERY big. My dad saw mine once and remarked that all I needed was a piece of plexi on top for an end table. Top or bottom mounting PSU brackets, mobo tray, adjustable 120 fan over the CPU, and plenty of other great features, not to mention killer looks. A popular case by all means

placement.jpg

Not a great photo for this, but it was on my photobucket account atm.....

Great suggestions and pics guys, much appreciated!

keep em comin!

Edit - yeah I saw alot of nice ones from CES, might have to wait for those to hit retail.

Last edited:
Ya the armor is really nice, I have the same one as that dude above but damn, I didn't even think about spray painting it. I think I'm gonna do that now.

I have a stacker 832, and I love the thing :). It has great airflow and a tray, but has meshing instead of a window on the side panel.

Hopefully this isn't too long, I am just trying to show you detail. This is again the ThermalTake Armor 8000. There is no motherboard tray but everything else fits the bill. Also the cable management I did was only using zip ties and putting it behind the mobo.
P1010252.jpg
The 250mm optional fan would go at the rounded plexi P1010253.jpg
Easy modding. I put a 12cm fan there and routed the power/reset switches. (Had to take out tacky plastic mesh for the fan) P1010254.jpg
Plenty of space!
P1010256.jpg

How about the new Thermaltake Xaser VI? It's pretty expensive but looks pretty sweet as hell especially since I still have my old Xaser layin here next to me and brings back good memories.

How about the new Thermaltake Xaser VI? It's pretty expensive but looks pretty sweet as hell especially since I still have my old Xaser layin here next to me and brings back good memories.

I don't exactly care for the external styling of that new Xaser, but the internals look really nice. Hope they put a less "fugly" exterior on that case and sell it that way :)

Lian Li V 2000B plus 2... i love mine and its so big i have hidden 1 hd, multiple skrewdrivers, and my cellphone in it pluss the layout is friggin awesome, definetly worth the price.

upper chamber
P9050118.JPG

P9050130.JPG

Lower
P9050131.JPG

If you wanted to you could fit with ease 12 hds, and 7 optical drives... OH and 2 psu's with a full EATX mobo and 2 Quadro FX5600's

fx5600-large.gif

(they are 1.5 inches longer than a 8800gtx... 12 inches long!)

(the model ur gonna be lookin for is the Lian Li v2000bW plus 2 ... the w denotes a window)

Last edited:
Back