• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking for a new monitor for Christmas.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TickleMyElmo

I am currently using an HP w2207h monitor which I've been using for 5 years with no problems but I think it's time for an upgrade. I can't even use full HD 1920x1080 with my Gigabyte GTX 670. So, anyways.. What would be the best gaming monitor I could purchase for under $250? I'm looking for 1920x1080 HD resolution and 2ms response rate. I really don't know what else to look for. Once I have the cash in hand I plan to go to the local Microcenter and actually LOOK at the monitors in use. Could you guys recommend any monitors for me? I play games like Diablo 3, Skyrim, and racing games.
Any info or ideas are welcome, thanks again guys. ;) BTW, my pc specs are below.

I have been looking and found these to my liking, please comment.

1. Asus VE247H 23.6" Widescreen LED Monitor $189.99

2. Viewsonic VX2453MH-LED 24" Ultrathin Widescreen LED $199.99

3. Dell 24" S244OL $229.99

4. HP 2311x23" Widescreen LED Monitor $229.99

5. Samsung S23B550V 23" Widescreen Flat Panel LED HD $199.99

Please let me know what you guys think of these or if you have another one in mind.

Last edited:
Come on guys, I need some ideas here. Going to be choosing the monitor on the 5th so help me out here. :-/

Can you guys find any monitors that are sold at Micro Center, Best Buy, Ofiice Depot or stores in St.Louis? I'd hate to get a monitor online and then hate it when I use it. Plus I hate waiting for delivery and all the hassle that goes along with it. Thanks. :bump:

Back