• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Looking into a Netbook

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
How can a SSD be slow? I thought that was the point for them to be faster than normal disc.

its the quality of the components used... cheaper ssd's use junky components that are slow.... just cus its an ssd doesnt mean its faster than an hd... most non outrageously priced ssds are slower than the fastest 7200rpm hd nowadays.

The main thing to consider is how ergonomic the primary user interface (keyboard) is for the individual (you).

I can't get my large glove sized fingers on the home row of any 8 inch netbooks. The 10 inch netbooks have keyboards 95% of normal size and I can actually type on them using all my digits at once rather than the hunt and peck method.

Find the exact models you want locally and try them out to see how they feel. A hundred positive reviews don't mean you will necessarily like the feel of it.

Back