• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost in Tri-Fire need help. Do not have the option to enable

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hank123

Not sure what the issue is here I do have an idea so here i go.

Right now I have a 4870x2 and a 4870(512 mb). I been trying to get tri-fire going. For some reason Everest will see all 3 gpus and so does GPU-Z. At this time i can not enable cross fire. I do have the latest drivers. Its not giving me the option to enable in the ATI software.

My system is XP and the mobo a ep45t-extreme. I'm kind of thinking that XP is the issue or it could be the mobo. However i see other people running tri-fire.

Ideas please.

Thanks

Not sure what the issue is here I do have an idea so here i go.

Right now I have a 4870x2 and a 4870(512 mb). I been trying to get tri-fire going. For some reason Everest will see all 3 gpus and so does GPU-Z. At this time i can not enable cross fire. I do have the latest drivers. Its not giving me the option to enable in the ATI software.

My system is XP and the mobo a ep45t-extreme. I'm kind of thinking that XP is the issue or it could be the mobo. However i see other people running tri-fire.

Ideas please.

Thanks
i think that might be your problem . IDK if xp supports tri or quad fire

Try using an older driver and see if that fixes it. I have had problems before with newer drivers messing up x-fire and or SLI.

ok i got windows 7 running but it does not look like its putting a load on the lower 4870 in tri fire. temps not changing, card runs real cool to start with being on water, when i abort the 3dmarks run it does not say it had a load on it.
any ideas?

Back