• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lost partitions!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jayson

for some reason my partition table has been changed and is now f**ked, and i couldnt access a parition (said access denied???) so ran partiton magic and before it fully loaded, it said there was an error with the partition table - correct the error? i clicked yes and it corrected it.......then tried to access the other partitions and found that two of em had gone!! help!!! anyone got any idea if there is anyway of recovering the data from the lost partitions??

Ooooh, let me guess - NTFS?

And as far as I know, you can send it to a data recovery service, but I'm sure it'd be easier to just download/create all the stuff you lost again.

There are programs available to the public that will allow you to recover data in that situation, but they cost a pretty penny as well.

try norton system works. it has a utility that can find lost or deleted data. it saved a lot of files for me.

Back