• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lost sound in Chrome (but not firefox or windows)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lyian

Ok, ive looked all over and i cant seem to locate the issue. I have sound from Firefox, and i have sound from windows. However nothing in chrome will play sounds. Youtube, Netflix, nothing. I cant figure it out.

The only thing thats changed is when i moved, instead of hooking up my home theater receiver back up for my sound (which was via Optical cable) im now on some smaller Creative computers speakers (via Analog 3.5 cables). My Playback device {default} is set to the new output as it should be, and im getting sound from Firefox and Windows, but Chrome is still mute.

Any suggestions on how to correct this?

Thanks

Have you looked at the Volume Mixer for the different playback devices and seen which one Chrome is playing under?

Have you looked at the Volume Mixer for the different playback devices and seen which one Chrome is playing under?

Chrome isn't even listed in that mixer, under any device.

I stand corrected. As soon as i started playing something, it appeared, even tho Firefox shows all the time o,O weird.. but thank you. :)

Back