• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low FPS :/

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Essteedee

Hi team,

I'm most definitely a novice gamer let alone a computer wiz so i'd like some help on a few things but first see specs below:

Motherboard: GA H270 GAMING 3
CPU : I7 7700k @4.2
Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x
PSU:EVGA Supernova 750 G2 750W
GPU: EVGA GTX 1080TI FTW3 11gb
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x 8gb ddr4 2666MHZ
Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
Monitor 144hz 27'' 1440p TN Dell

First issue is my ram is 2666mhz and when i disable xmp in bios the highest i get is 2400hz
What are some basic things i could do to get this pc to run faster FPS in pubg, currently sitting at around 80fps-144fps and i know pubg isn't the best example of a perfectly working game but uhhh :) its all i play...
Also CPU temps max out around 78 degrees, so yeah some basic tips on how i can improve my fps with what i have and or with minimal money to spend :)

I appreciate all the productive advice

Chur :)

Your system is more than adequate for running essentially any modern game at good frame rates in high detail. The only possible exception to that (and I tend to doubt this is really an issue) is if the game is very dependent on single core performance.

Your CPU temps are very acceptable. Thermal throttling doesn't start until about 100c.

Have you done any experimenting to see if the video card or the CPU is holding you back (however, neither should)? Turning down the detail and getting better fps would indicate the GPU is holding you back. If there is no improvement when you do that then you are CPU limited.

But wait a minute! 80 to 144fps is not slow! Most people would be very happy with that.

1. RAM behavior is normal. The platform defaults to 2400 for stability. Set xmp and it runs their rated speeds.
2. CPU temps are fine (is that temps from gaming or?????). As trents said that cpu throttles AT 100c. Keep it under 90c.
3. FPS in PUBG seem fine to me st that res. What are the ingame settings? Ultra? Try turning AA down a notch...

Back