• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Low windows experience/benchmarsk SSD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The ridiculous thing is WEI is still at 5.9! :screwy:

What's the point when it's inaccurate and totally useless!

Thanks guys!

I'm not 100% on how WEI calculates, but I know it uses your lowest individual score for your overall score. So, it might be safe to assume that it's using the lowest SSD/HDD score to derive your Disk score. If you remove the 500GB HDD and rerun WEI what do you get? Or is it vitally linked to your Windows install such that you can't remove it?

Did you re-run WEI after you made the changes? It won't update on it's own.

Yeah i did rerun it, expecting it to go up, but it didn't. When calculcating WEI it says "primary hard disk". Now, i assume this is the system drive they're referring to, so i assumed that the WD caviar green (1,5 TB) wasn't taken into account. But just for ****s and giggles I'll try to unplug it and rerun WEI. It's just a data storage disk, so no problem there.

I'll repost when I'm home from work and have a chance to try it out.

You would think WEI would react to a 200 MB speed increase on the r/w of the disk.

What exactly does WEI disable that increases SSD performance?

Btw, The score for all other components is 7,9, it's just the "primary hard drive" that takes it down to 5,9.

be careful about letting it suck your balls, as it will probably tell others that they are smaller than they really are.

By the way, disabling the marvel controller was one of the best ideas ever. It just skipped right past all the annoying HD detection BS at startup. Now my pc reaches the login screen in about 5 seconds flat.

Back