• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Massive read/write on hard drive HELP IT'S SO FRICKEN SLOW

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CheeZeTM

ok, lately i have been have speed problems my pc has become a slug on the wall
my PC is constently read/writing to the hard drive this is the only problem i can findi dont have much software, i have more windows pervice pack updates than software (not a good example but it'll work) i have ram spyhunter and got the spyware out, there are no viruses and i repididly update and check these two, but my pc is still slow as hell

Are there any programs that will tell me what is reading or writeing on the hard drive or what my problem is in general?

sometime while waiting to do simple tasks i think of how i can put it out it's missery

Your hard drive could be going out, but more likely its a program that you cant find causing problems. IMO a reformat should fix it(if you can do that), and if it doesnt you know the drive is about to die.

humm
yea, i think it is about that time for a fresh install, i try to do it at least once a year to keep my PC fresh - iIBM make a drive fitness test, i will try running that befor fresh installing

Back