• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Max Payne 3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

storm-chaser

Disabled
Anyone play this game?

Is it worth my while? I love FPS and games like prototype.

I'm thinking it gets pretty good ratings so I might as well pull the trigger... haha.

Now to find room on my SSD for the install. I just beat the campaign portion of Battlefield 4,

so that can go, and should give me enough room for the install.

Well as luck would have it I found an old 64GB SDD laying around, so we have the PC set up with that for the game files. SSDs for the win

Almost there...

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
I've 'semi-played' it on youtube OS X. Looks not bad, but in my opinion, the story was too much for grown ups..

I liked the first two a lot. The first one broke ground on a few things. I have the third but just did not get more than an hour into it. I think it was because I had to keep repeating the same sequence over and over again...Maybe because I refused to turn down the difficulty...I have always meant to revisit it.

Let us know how it goes.

I liked the first two a lot. The first one broke ground on a few things. I have the third but just did not get more than an hour into it. I think it was because I had to keep repeating the same sequence over and over again...Maybe because I refused to turn down the difficulty...I have always meant to revisit it.

Let us know how it goes.

So far so good. I am about 3 hours in with no signs of slowing down. The game has continued to impress. I have noticed the same problem.. some of the scenes are difficult and require multiple attempts to get through. I have all the graphics settings turned up and getting 50-60FPS with my lower end Nvidia GeForce 740 GT.

Game play itself is pretty fun. I've enjoyed all the twists and turns, its been a fun ride. I will play the game for 20-30 minutes and then go on the internet / check forums for about the same amount of time. This has been a good combination, giving me the patience to continue and press on.

My favorite feature is "bullet time" which slows down gameplay al la Matrox style, where you can dodge bullets and take out opponents in the blink of an eye.

Well I just beat the game. Took me about 5 days or so. I am going to work my way backwards from here and next up on the docket will be Max Payne 2.

I would rate the gameplay 8.5/10.

What do you think of the story?

Story/plot was interesting enough to keep me going. Here we have Max Payne fighting for his survival while dismantling a corrupt police for as well as breaking up a human trafficking/organ harvesting network in south America.

I kinda figured the corrupt politician was behind it all, and sure enough, he is the last target you must take down in order to complete the game.

Y'know how their cutscene have these jumpy screen effects every half a second. Special effects. I thought they were quite annoying.

Weird that your working your way backwards through the series.

I grew up with MAX and loved them all. Of course the story one max Payne one is intense and by far the best in my opinion.

If you enjoy the outdated max payne 1 I would strongly suggest mafia 1 and 2. skip 3

Back