• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MCP-655 ==> First Impressions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Im looking into a WC setup how does it compare to the 50Z? I know it put out more heat 15w vs 9w. How do flow rate and head pressure compare?

yeah i would reccomend the lian li, it is twice as much but a much better case (Sorry for going off topic)

Encore2097 said:
I am considering a mid-tower case which could fit a BIX, possibly a 2x120mm fan rad, would you recommend the 655 or the 50z?

The 50z will give you better overall performance because it dumps less heat into the loop. Based on calculations with a Cascade, HE120.2 (or BIX II), and medium-performance fans, the 50z beats both the 650 and 655 in overall performance. However, the 655 will give you a higher flowrate.

Nikhsub the ultimate pumpdaddy...
Tried to find Iwaki pumps here in sweden, gave up and ordered a MCP655. Increase it later on to 2 or 3.. Love nikhsubs triple pumping. :D

//Christian

in that pic thats nikhsub1's Iwaki RD-30... such a kickass pump... only downside is that you need a 24v PSU to power it

Sneaky is correct, that is the RD-30. Downside? Heh! We have the room for the PSU in our cases Sneaky.

Your not the only once with room for it.. :p
Easily fit 16 hdds on my case backside + 2 PSU's.. (after a mod) YY-0221 gotta love it.
But your cases are the bigger one YY-0428? if memory serves right, and premodded before usage.

//Christian

RD-30....*drool*

I will definately be buying these quite soon, unless I feel like buying an RD-30 to own all.

Nikh, what's the price on an RD-30, if I can find one?

Sneaky said:
the 655 is equal to the 350 in terms of noise, but the 655 has about twice the flowrate of the 350, and another plus to the 655 is the fact that it has native 1/2" barbs

If you really wanted to, I know Laing makes that same volute with native 3/4" barbs! Heck I have prolly thrown 100 of them away. I think I may be saving them now!

Seven said:
RD-30....*drool*

I will definately be buying these quite soon, unless I feel like buying an RD-30 to own all.

Nikh, what's the price on an RD-30, if I can find one?

Usually ~$250. Usually they have to be bought in bulk, or from someone that has a few left over from a bulk order. They're going to run you at least $200, maybe $180 if you're really lucky. There were a few people over at ProCooling trying to get enough people for one person to make a bulk order - they ended up going to cost ~$225 a person.

Back