• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption to have Mini-achievements?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
http://kotaku.com/gaming/news-unlocked/metroid-prime-3-gets-mini+achievements-291107.php

According to a poster on GameFAQs (read: take with a grain of salt) that may be the case. Apparently, you'll earn achievements for doing various things in the game. Some of which you can use to further your own game, some of which you can send to your friends to help them further their individual games.

Helping out your friends is kinda right up Nintendo's alley. It would be cool to see, but I guess we'll have to wait until the 27th for confirmation.

I'll be waiting outside of Futureshop on the release date. Will you?

Achievements. What a huge win for Microsoft. The idea of being able to share achievements to benefit friends is quite interesting.

deception``

I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding you deception``, but I think it's interesting that Nintendo is going to attempt to implement this. It's true that Microsoft has had achievements for some time now, but it's still nice to see other companies utilizing a successful mechanic.

Ugh, that video was horrible. They've clearly never played a Prime game, and if they have, never read any logbooks or scanned any enemies. It was a nice preview, though. And yes, there seem to be acheivements, as there are multiple times throughout the videos it displays a message (ie: "100 Enemies Killed", "Beserker Kille")

Well it's more important what those achievements mean. An in-game message is one thing, but being able to use your achievements to help a friend in some capacity is an exciting idea to say the least.

Back