• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Microcenter - 3770k $229

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Neeeh, pick a z77x-ds3h / ud3h or if you can a Maximus v gene instead. Those are cheap, the former being the budget friendly option that still has good quality digital vrm, and the latter being the bang/buck ocing board.

I've decided to still get this as it seems to be a good deal and upgrade my brother's system from his current q6600 for his bday. Just need to find a nice mobo to compliment this chip. I'm guessing z77 is the chipset to go with.
Well in that case go for it, and I need a brother like you lol.
Yea pick up a z77 extreme 4 its the best price/performance board out there.

Yep and you get $40 off the mobo with the chip as well.

Well in that case go for it, and I need a brother like you lol.

Yep and you get $40 off the mobo with the chip as well.

Cool, now you just need to help me figure out where the $40 off is. I can't seem to find any combo options on their website.

Seems to be only the 3570K and i3 3225 now. Add any of those to your cart, and you'll the mobo discount.

EDIT: Meant to type the 3570K, and not the 3770K ^^^.

Last edited:
Well I bought the chip online 2 days ago, haven't picked it up. Do you think if I go there and get the board, and pick up the chip they will give me the discount?

I would get the board, then to go pick up and tell them there is a combo deal and be sure to add it. Done.

Yeah I just checked before I posted that the offer was still good, if you go online and add both to your cart it automatically takes $40 off (I believe it's all z77 boards the offer is good for)

Ordered, those $40 will come in handy when I decide on what memory sticks to get him.

Yeah I just checked before I posted that the offer was still good, if you go online and add both to your cart it automatically takes $40 off (I believe it's all z77 boards the offer is good for)

It's actually any 1155 board, so you could grab an H61 (if you're into that sorta thing ;) ) and it would be free after rebate.

It's actually any 1155 board, so you could grab an H61 (if you're into that sorta thing ;) ) and it would be free after rebate.

Tisk tisk, that would just be wrong. Can't go high end with 1 component and then super cheap with another.

btw, how high do you have your's clocked with that mobo?

H61 probably is a bad idea in combination with the 3570k, but if someone's looking to save money, it is all 1155 boards, so the MSI Z77-G41 is in play. (~$214 after tax with that one and the 3570k)

btw, how high do you have your's clocked with that mobo?

Which mobo do you mean?

H61 probably is a bad idea in combination with the 3570k, but if someone's looking to save money, it is all 1155 boards, so the MSI Z77-G41 is in play. (~$214 after tax with that one and the 3570k)

Which mobo do you mean?

Well I assumed you would understand that I'm talking about the first rig in your sig, since this thread is for a deal on the 3770K which I bought and you also have the same mobo that was recommended in this thread. My mistake, should have been more descriptive with my question. :D

Haha. Very true, but to each his own.

Disclaimer: 3570K+H61 shouldn't be any "each's" "own" ;)

@medo: Gotcha. I haven't tried yet for a 24/7 stable OC with this board, but I did this Superpi challenge with just one core enabled and got to 52x. Not terribly impressive, but I also didn't really put too much time in, just disabled power saving features and three of the cores, up'ed the voltage and the multiplier. I'm sure it's capable of more. :)

Back