• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobile processing power

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
even IF it uses 7w laptops have many other limitations for battery life, the cd drive and moniter are the big power users also, so 12 hours wont be happening would be nice, for now ill stick to my a64 with external battery possible 10 hours there and much more powerful than anthing intel can throw, a 1.7 centrino cant compare to a64 at all so i doubt 2ghz will "KILL" my a64, im going to college and like to game on the go, thats what external batterys/fuel cells will be a much better option.
With the advent of fuel cells for laptop the li-ion battery will be obsolete anyway just pop in another $2 of fuel and ur good to go for many many hours.

<"since it only uses 7 watts!"

Not possible.>

Actually its quite possible. The PPC750FX & 750Hx use about ~7Watts & run at speeds of 1GHz & more. They both use a 130nm process which means that an extra low power Pentium M on a 90nm process should be able to do the same.

<Edit_add: That's why...for the moment...I will keep happily plugging away on my PowerPC 604-based PowerBook.>

603e ;-). A 604 or 604e in a PB would litterally melt down, no joke.

Back