• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mobo+1.3 ghz proc=10 dollars

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well unfortunately you can only send in one MIR per household, so you could only get the good price on one board/proc. Secondly, AFAIK, the VIA processors aren't much good for folding because they lack certain operations that folding needs, making them work around it and be much slower. I think you'd just be better off getting cheap AMD rigs.

Really? Well that sucks :-/
I guess it would just be better to get that cheap $10 amd mobo and a duron, huh?

Get a 1.8Ghz duron at newegg for $41. I got a 1.4Ghz there for $43 back in october, but at least it was unlocked.

Also, as was shown in a previous thread, that processor is not 1.2Ghz, it is called 1.2giga pro. It is maximum only 800Mhz and does not have SSE.

im running one of those right now, accept i bought the one that will run DDR for only $5. I cannot even seem to get it to run FAH correctly? the app just keeps closing. I bought this thing simply because it was soo cheap, and i didnt need any other hardware. Specifacly for folding, even if it is slow, it will get some stuff done.

Back