• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MOBO for Dual 4 A's ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that was a technicality....the old FCPGA celerons worked in dual setups..all somebody had to do was figure out how to make fcpga2 work in an old mobo...the pentium4 has no old dual chipsets

well if this is what it looks like, mabe I am right, theres a chance for everything and sooner or later somebody's gunna take it and make it great. It would be interesting to see just what this setup can do.

I'm more so curious as too how much extra performance the second p4 will bring, all the different makes of cpus and chipsets bring different perfomance in criments with adding a second cpu, some much better than others, some so low it makes your wonder why to even go dual. I remember my retired dual slot-1 pIII 533mhz system, it got roughly a 2/3 performance gain with the second cpu in raw cpu power(sisoft scores)

true that

you have to be able to USE the duel cpu's, or its a waste. i.e. games, surfing, etc.

Only professional programs come multithreaded for duel use and quake3 engine, but thats only a 15% increase, not worth it.

Plus only the professional microsoft OS's support duel cpu's, so u might have to drop more money on that.

Unless u can use it, stay away from it.

No benches come multithreaded, cept sisoft, but it may only be CALCULATING the score, not really testing 2 cpu's even.

I'm pretty sure sisoft tests it, because the scores on the dual p3 slot-1 machine scores on cpu had varried by a point or two

Speaking of that dual slot-1 p3, i'm going to try and reincarnate soon lol

I wouldn't say never. Someone once told me the celeron FC-PGA2 was not possibly MP capable, then Poof Powerleap came out with the ip3/t and it was done.

Since when does that work?

AFAIK, Powerleap only claim MP support for the P3-S.

Here's some dual P3 1ghz scores and yes its overclocked.:D

Has anybody heard anymore about these ASUS boards? I was wondering mabe they will have quad channel rdram, or something, now that would take advantage of the MP. well, I am just curious.

Did Intel's MP specification change with the P4?

AFAIK there's no difference bandwith wise (compared with single CPU boards) because only one processor can "talk" on the FSB at any given time.

BTW, what about all that dual Celeron talk? Care to enlighten me?

Back