• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor Selection Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aldred_85

Registered
I have no fixed idea on what monitor to purchase but I want to go to 17" from my rusty ol' HP M50 15". I would prefer to get a cheaper monitor as I dont really have high finances available ATM, but i do enjoy gaming if that effects matters. I have a few questions though:
1) Which brands of monitor represent good value for money with a decent quality of display?
2) 0.27dpi seems quite common, but if I can, do i want a higher figure (eg; 0.28) or a lower figure (eg; 0.25)?

I got a KDS Xtreme Flat 17" monitor with .25 pitch that is very nice and was reasonable for US price...around 125.00 at the time I bought mine...but can be found for around 100.00 US now...very nice for gaming and very nice color for the price of them...easy controls also...so easy my 6yr daughter can adjust them :mad:...but also very easy to reset...does not have the ugly knobs...push buttons...also has a anti-glare screen...

And when it comes to dot pitch...lower is better...

Back