• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

More PR Rating Info To Discuss!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Barton's are gonna be yummy!

thanks for the info AXIA (cant get used to the new name, DS sucked ***:D)

i think upgrading my 1600+ to a 2+ghz Barton will be very worth it.

dropadrop:
i think the extra cache is gonna help out a lot more than you think;)

Yeah the extra cache might be like the K6-2 vs K6-3.

One thing though, although AMD is dropping Tbred A from it's fab, it was planning to get UMC to produce on a 13Micron process, so maybe the low end tbreds are gonna end up with UMC. Also the Duron line was meant to become the current XPs, and it was rumoured UMC might be making those.

I am quite looking forward to seeing some UMC produced chips because I have this great little UMC U5s 486 clone CPU that has freakin' amazing performance and overclcokability. It's rated at 33Mhz, at stock speed it gets integer scores as fast as a 60Mhz P5 pentium, or a 63Mhz pentium overdrive, and overclocked at 60Mhz (and it's the buses on the board limiting things here, the CPU might hit 70+ if the board would let it) it gets scores like it's a P90 or better. No FPU on it though, but still it's an amazingly faszt and cool chip for it's day, and I think AMD might have to clobber the UMC CPUs somehow, otherwise you're gonna be buying Duron 1800s that will run at 2.2Ghz, instead of their XP2600-2800s.

maybe

Road Warrior

Back