• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard shadow card in the way...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HonersStodnt

Registered
of a dynatron bh-610. its extruding about 1mm into the area that would be occupied by the heatsink. However, it appears as the top of the shadow card is just empty space with the ABIT logo on it... would it be possible to remove this with a hacksaw or something, to shave off the required space?

my mobo is an Abit KN8 SLI.

thanks.

edit- here is a pic of the card - http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI...IDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

also, im wondering what that trace to the left is for.... it doesnt connect to anything on either side.

I wouldn't cut it up. PCBs have many layers, and most of the traces will not be visible on the surface. If only life had a save button. :p

hmm, i think i have an ideal solution. cut a slot in the stock fan that comes with the dynatron, so that the 1 mm of card can stick into it, and just mount a delta 60mm on top of it.

edit- of course, I would remove the innards of the original stock fan.

Last edited:
Back