• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard tray to side panel dimensions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FoldingAddict

Intel Fanboy
So I need a new case I think. MSI Gaming X Trio 4090 fit fine with a Moddiy 90-degree 12vhpwr in this o11D; however, now with the EK water block, it's a big fat negative. Trouble is I don't see manufacturers listing motherboard tray-to-side-panel dimensions, it's all just total case width. Anybody can measure or know of cases with over 7 inches of clearance from motherboard tray to side panel? Not really interested in vertical mounting as I think it looks stupid and I don't want to interfere with 10GbE.

Attachments

• IMG_5845.jpg
    IMG_5845.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Trouble is I don't see manufacturers listing motherboard tray-to-side-panel dimensions, it's all just total case width.
You'd want to look for a maximum GPU height specification. Quite a common specification for chassis. :)

You O11D, for example, lists a max height for graphics.

o11d.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I'm looking for that. Ironically the one manufacturer that lists the information is Liani Li, but they don't list it for all their cases as far as I can see. They do show it for the o11D, just to remind me that it won't fit I guess. But the Lancool III, which looks like it might be a little wider, it just lists GPU length clearance.

Yep... most chassis have that detail (at least several I looked at lately when choosing a new case recently). If you want to know what the Lancool III does, you'll have to reach out and ask and see if they can add that to the specs too. But yeah, many do have that detail listed.

That said, the Lancool III looks to have much more clearance for GPU height... just look at the space past the IO plate compared to the O11D...

I might just take a ruler to micro center when I go in 2 weeks (two hour drive one way). That would solve the whole debacle.

Yeah kind of the fatal flaw of the O11D. When I purchased in 2018 there was a whole list of GPUs and waterblocks I had to cross-reference to make sure it was all good. Luckily what was on sale was also compatible. Cases that don't list a GPU height, you can probably use CPU cooler height as a proxy, give or take a few mm.

Yeah kind of the fatal flaw of the O11D. When I purchased in 2018 there was a whole list of GPUs and waterblocks I had to cross-reference to make sure it was all good. Luckily what was on sale was also compatible. Cases that don't list a GPU height, you can probably use CPU cooler height as a proxy, give or take a few mm.
Ahhh now that is a good idea, somehow didn't think of that yet it's so simple. Lancool III lists 7.3 inches, still cutting it a little close.

Back