• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

mouse wont highlight or drag properly anymore?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

N8N8N8

Hi

My mouse wont highlight propertly and skips and restartes the highlight when trying to copy and paste something. Also when I try draging an app to make it smaller or larger it skips and have to reclick on hold it. I have no idea what happened. Its a corded mouse. Any idea great thanks. This happened a few months ago and restarted the pc and it was fine for several weeks and now its back and the same thing happened.

THanks

Clean the laser? Mouse surface? Any drivers reinstall them..

Otherwise, its a mouse, disposable. Get another. :)

Cord could be bad. Poor connection. Like ED said, disposable. Get another. Also, have you tried it in other USB ports? Are you sure this is not a USB issue? That's a pretty dated rig you have there.

You might consider scanning for broken system files using Command Prompt (Admin) with sfc /scannow and also scanning for infections with Malwarebytes. Check the physical health of both drives with Crystaldiskinfo. Would you consider a fresh clean install of Windows 7? Do you have the installer media? I would look at some of these things if a new mouse doesn't fix the issue.

Last edited:
Back