• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI K7N2 Rebooting?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

travichx

I'm not sure if it's the board or not, but I've taken a look around and I'm thinking it's the board or the processor.

As one thread suggested, I need to turn off rebooting so that I can see the error.

Here's my system info:

I have a MSI K7N2, with an AMD 2500 XP, 2700 DDR, Radoen 9200. I have XP loaded on my machine.

The problem:

Random Rebooting (very random 5 minutes to several hours).

Troubleshooting Done:

I've exchanged memory 3 different times (2 sticks each). I've tested every stick and they all fail -- I think it's a false positive. I think it's a symptom of another problem. In total, I've tested 6 different sticks of memory. I've used DOCMEM for the testing. I usually do a burn in test overnight. I try different slots, and just plain individual sticks of memory.

I've added more cooling, because at first my processor was sitting after POST at 140. It's now down at about 130. Those 2500 XPs run hot.

My power supply is 400 watts.

I'm thinking it's either the board or the processor, but can someone give me some direction?!?!

Oh, and no my memory is not generic. I've tried Samsung and a couple of other brands that are compatible with AMD... I can't remember the brands off the top of my head.

Make sure your ram was one of the following Here its not a compatibility with AMD its mainly for the NForce2 chipset that is VERY picky. Try only 1 strip of ram at a time, maby relax the ram timmings a bit, and only use ram slots 1&3 or 2&3 DONOT use 1&2. What is your PSU brand and the specks and combined watts? As this board it power hungry also.

P.S.
the temps are way off MSI is still trying to fix the problem 1 bios has temps 10C to high the next its 10C to low.(the Delta ILSR bios 7.2 is fixed in bios reading correct temps but PC alert is still way off)

Back