• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI KT4, no video, any thoughts?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

none1

OK, got a KT4VL, AND an MSI G4TI4200.

When I turn on the machine, I get 1,2,3 green and 4 red on the dbraket --> initializing video interface. NO BOOT UP, NO POST, HELP me HELP me. :)

Here's the story .......
Put everything together, everything works. THEN, I TURN OFF THE VIDEO in the bios. (advanced bios features / primary display = absent) I pull out the video card. I boot off the network. The machine runs fine, I can telnet to the machine, ping its IP, all OK.

NOW, I want to run with the video again. I put my card back in. Boot up, no video. OH, ya, still off in bios. SO, I clear the cmos. Set jumper on 2,3. Wait. Take battery out. Wait. Put batter in. Set jumper on 1,2. Reboot, no video. Tried another AGP card. NO video. Tried a PCI video card, no video.

OK, anyone got any ideas?

Thanks much for any straws to grasp.

I Got a kt4 ultra a while ago that i had to replace for a similar issue. YOu should plug in a pc speaker to test if you get 8 beeps in a row. if so, this means your board is having and error in writing to the video ram. pci, agp, it wont matter. I had to take mine back and get it replaced because this cannot be fixed and is either a flaw in chipset, or physical board damage. at least as much as i have been told. But take advantage of the warantee. since i returned it, this one, same board, has had no issues at all. i hope it stays this way or else I will regard kt 400 boards as too delicate and get a kt 333.

Back