• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI R7850 and HDMI -> Samsung TV colorwash

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tabrin

Hey all. I just put together a new pc using my old monitor, then gave away my old rig to a buddy.

The problem is that via HDMI the colors look all washed out and wrong. A few hours of googling and poking through the OCF search didn't really find any solutions so here goes.

What do I do to fix it? I had the problem before on my old computer (Nvidia card) but and it went away when I used a DVI-HDMI converter dealio so I just left that in place, but I just gave away that so that's not really possible. ^^

If I move my box to the living room and use the other TV it looks fine when I change the input name to DVI-PC but that's not possible with this one.

I've used a different HDMI cable and checked TV presets (warm/cold/etc, game/standard/movie modes, RGB/cymwhatever 444/422 options, etc.) and am at a loss. Tried changing monitor and control panel brightness/gama/color levels to no avail (reset them back to default afterwards)

Samgsung UN22D5000NFXZA display. Just your regular 22ish inch 1080p display.

Thanks!

Back