• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI regrets

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CgS Drone

Sent my 460GTX Hawk Talon (run at stock since new) back for the second time with the same problem. Fans go out easy. The first time the card wasn't two months old and was in perfect condition (no scratches or dings), they sent back a replacement that was all scratched up so there went my resale value.

The second one I sent in and they show it arrived 11 days ago and still no progress on the card so I sent them an email asking about how long I could expect for a turn around since the site wasn't showing anymore details, they responded yesterday that they would tell me today what the status was on the card. NO RESPONSE from them.

I kind of expected this since I fought with them over the first replacement card being scratched up and they told me as long as it worked they would not replace it. I left XFX because is sent in a Nvidia card and they replaced it with an ATI, guess I wont be buying MSI anymore either.

WHAT IS a good manufacturer for video cards that stand behind their product? EVGA????

WHAT IS a good manufacturer for video cards that stand behind their product? EVGA????

I had great luck with EVGA. I pulled a stupid and broke the 6-pin off a 6800 years ago and they replaced it (with advance shipping) even though it wasn't technically covered by the warranty.
Sapphire was good once I convinced the reseller I bought the card from that they were in fact responsible for warranty processing.
HIS, so far, I've never had to use the warranty.

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Seems strange they wouldn't get back to you, since when I RMAed my Wind, they got back to me the same day whenever I emailed them, and had the themselves (not including shipping) for only a few days.

Why not pick up a phone and CALL?

+1

Dunno what the big deal is with scratches on the card either.
They have a shiny metal surface. Its bound to get scratched sooner or later. And people buying used cards aren't going to pay less if there are a few scratches on it.

I seem to end up with a lot of EVGA and Saphire cards recently, never had an issue with them.

My previous experience with HIS was a VERY positive one but that was back in the Radeon 800 XT days so I'm not sure how well they have aged since then.

Why not pick up a phone and CALL?

I did after a few more days and they said they would send out another card then nothing for a few more days so I called again and now they are sending out a replacement that should be here tomorrow.

+1

Dunno what the big deal is with scratches on the card either.
They have a shiny metal surface. Its bound to get scratched sooner or later. And people buying used cards aren't going to pay less if there are a few scratches on it.

Cow I figure if someone takes the time to take care of the cards appearance then they didn't just drop it into a box with other stuff that can tear off pieces (caps, resisters, etc.) or damage to the pcb. I bought a used MB once that had a bunch of caps ripped off from someone doing that, that I wasn't able to see in the photo.

So yes when I buy now I am willing to pay more for one that I see is in good shape because of that.

GTX460 Hawk Talon RMA returned today, will test it out. The card returned is in good shape without dents and scratches.

Glad to hear they finally got something back to you. Hopefully this fan doesnt crap out. :)

As far as scratches and such, I agree with you guys to an extent. Understand that sometimes accidents happen even when you are careful (big difference between abused and a random scratch) and care for your things though. But if you want something scratch free, buy new. To me, its a woefully unrealistic expectation to have something new in perfect condition.

Back