• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI ti4200 cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I would leave the stock cooler on, I find my stock MSI cooler for my ti4200 does an adequate job, allowing my core to reach 300mhz with great stability.

:D

That should of been the first thing I looked for, thanks a ton. My new card should be here on Tuesday or so. I have an 80mm fan about 1.5cm below my vid card on the side panel at the moment. I'll let you know how OC's go. By the way, I've only overclocked a gainward card before, so I used expertool. With an MSI card, what OC'ing program should I use?

Nolo... I think MSI VGA card is very good quality, and the card should get 300/600 easy. My previous MSI GF3 Ti200 is running 240/540 with voltage mod on SC1175 IC.

If you are not sure about the cooling system, you can always open it and put plenty of thermal paste and re-attach the HSF again. ( Why I said plenty of thermal paste? because the surface of GF4 GPU is more concave than Pentium 4 ).

My current GF4 Ti4200 is running 300/600 at default voltage. The cooling system is identical to your MSI Ti4200.

Got my card yesterday. At 300/600 It runs well. I get very little artifacts, but I do notice some. Maybe a BIOS update will help that out. I'll let you know more later, but so far I'm impressed with it.

Got everything except my Ram today, still using kingston pc2100 ram.

Anyway, coolbits is acting up on me, it is showing me no #'s when i go into properties > settings > advanced > clock frequencies. When i tried raising the numbers, it preformed horribly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Nolo31 said:
Got everything except my Ram today, still using kingston pc2100 ram.

Anyway, coolbits is acting up on me, it is showing me no #'s when i go into properties > settings > advanced > clock frequencies. When i tried raising the numbers, it preformed horribly. Anyone have any suggestions?

Try RivaTuner.

Back