• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first custom loop need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomlintm

i have a xspc EX240 rad a xspc raystorm cpu block and a swift tech water pump thats all i have so far

My specs
CPU-AMD FX-8350
Motherboard-ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
RAM-G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600
GPU-Powercolor RX580 8gb Golden Sample
Case-CoolerMaster MasterCase Maker 5
Storage-Samsung 120GB SSD 840 Series,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0
PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 850W
Display(s)-3x AOC 2269WM 22in
Cooling-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/with 120 mm
Keyboard-Redragon ASURA K501 USB Gaming Keyboard
Mouse-Redragon M601 CEN

Last edited:
Looks good so far do you have a question ?
what will you be cooling ?

Well i need advice on the rest of the build bc im trying to hit between 4.7 and 5 ghz on my fx8350 and im stuck on the rest like rez the fitting perferably compressed fittings tubbing what kind i should get and stuff like that i was looking at getting the xspc ex340 or 460 rad for the front of the case

With that CPU the MB is going to make a big difference on how high you can OC , I will leave that would people who have used them .

A rez is not needed you can use a Tline to save $ if you need that .
I like rez/pump combos my self ( enven though I dont have one when my 13 year old d5 finally dies it will be replaced with a combo) .

Can you list all your specs for the people to come .
Including case psu ram gfx card .

With that CPU the MB is going to make a big difference on how high you can OC , I will leave that would people who have used them .

A rez is not needed you can use a Tline to save $ if you need that .
I like rez/pump combos my self ( enven though I dont have one when my 13 year old d5 finally dies it will be replaced with a combo) .

Can you list all your specs for the people to come .
Including case psu ram gfx card .

Ya i perfer a combo rez and i though my specs were in my sig my bad here is my specs

CPU-AMD FX-8350
Motherboard-ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer
RAM-G.SKILL Sniper Series 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3-1600
GPU-Powercolor RX580 8gb Golden Sample
Case-CoolerMaster MasterCase Maker 5
Storage-Samsung 120GB SSD 840 Series,WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0
PSU-EVGA SuperNOVA 850 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 850W
Display(s)-3x AOC 2269WM 22in
Cooling-Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO/with 120 mm
Keyboard-Redragon ASURA K501 USB Gaming Keyboard
Mouse-Redragon M601 CEN

I wouldn't look into it as to getting higher OCs but to get better cooling to possibly get higher OCs in custom water cooling. You might find yourself disappointed if you don't hit that goal but could improve on temps. As stated, components do play a role as well as silicon lottery.

I wouldn't look into it as to getting higher OCs but to get better cooling to possibly get higher OCs in custom water cooling. You might find yourself disappointed if you don't hit that goal but could improve on temps. As stated, components do play a role as well as silicon lottery.

well the thing is im trying to get the sweetspot of my cpu i have already had my cpu run at 4.7ghz @1.475 with a evo 212 and the evo 212 fan blowing on the back of the board keeping the socket cool to run ibt avx and run video games but i was hoping maybe watercooling would keep my socket temp more stable to get to the sweetspot of my cpu and get the most out of it thats all i am trying to do

:thup: One more question, will you ever add the GPU to the loop and a drainage for easier maintenance? You might want to flip the front rad to the res and sneak a T-line with a valve of some sort.

:thup: One more question, will you ever add the GPU to the loop and a drainage for easier maintenance? You might want to flip the front rad to the res and sneak a T-line with a valve of some sort.

well i didnt plan to b/c there isent a gpu block made for it so i would have to have a universal and i dont really like universal blocks dont trust them lol and ya i do need to have a point in the system that is the lowest and that seems to be a good idea i may do that let me do another dawing and see what it looks like and i will update the pic again

may I ask what you will be doing with this rig?

well i never done this before so i want to explore tarratoiry i never explored before and i want to overclock my fx8350 to 5ghz or damn well close to it i already been to 4.7 to i want to push it farther :D

are you going to game? render video?
I crunch numbers with mine and with huge water cooling, out at day 2 the system is saturated with heat and is limited to 4.6.
gaming 5.0 is easy, because the heat is only over an hour or two and the system does not get saturated.

are you going to game? render video?
I crunch numbers with mine and with huge water cooling, out at day 2 the system is saturated with heat and is limited to 4.6.
gaming 5.0 is easy, because the heat is only over an hour or two and the system does not get saturated.
only really gaming i dont do anything special besides watch youtube and internet but mostly gaming tho

Back