• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My first Custom Loop!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wrencher

Hi everyone,

here are some pictures of a project still in construction my first custom loop!
some nice feature i wanted to have before starting the project were:
have a fill port and a drain perma install.
overclocking everything to max keep 40-50degree celcius range.

All i need to do now is to add some extra feature on the tower like a new front panel with Smoke plexi like a bay window,
2 fan grill on the back and finally i am actually redoing all the wiring. i have the PCI-E done for now on one card, check picture.
I will follow with some update shortly, i have been working on this project for months. If u look closer in the case, the side of the
motherboard is all covered with Black smoke plexi and yes it was a pain to do but im really happy. oh and the case was completely
repaint for desert tan inside.
and there is much else to do!

Tell me what u think!

IXtf3P.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
8d7F55.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
qnmMNf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
bVmBxW.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That's a reason why I haven't went hardline. Besides the fact I swap parts frequently so it's not cost effective for me.

Very nice, very clean. I like it. My only suggestion would be to flip the PSU if that case allows.

That's a reason why I haven't went hardline. Besides the fact I swap parts frequently so it's not cost effective for me.

Since 2012, i keep changing parts every 6 months and all i had was AIO stuff. I was using the pc for programming editing, simulation... stuff like that and was spending over 5k a year on parts and it was perfect i always had the best of the best to work.

Last winter i quit programming, editing and simulation - sold everything and decided to built a PC only focused on gaming so i decided to go full hardline and will probably never sell that Pc...
I will keep using this pc for at least 3 years and then It will enter the museum in the basement lol.
That's why i went full hardline and bough water blocks etc..

Nice clean job Wrencher! What does your rig consist of?

Thanks man!

-Intel® Core™ i7-7700K
-ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 1 LGA1151
-Ballistix Sport LT 16GB (4 x 4GB)
-ZOTAC 480GB Premium Edition SSD
-EVGA SuperNOVA 1300 G2, 80+ GOLD 1300W, Fully Modular
-EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW HYBRID GAMING, 08G-P4-6278-KR, 8GB GDDR5 SLI
-Acer Predator XB271HU 27" WQHD IPS 2560 x 1440 OC 165 Hz
-Corsair Vengeance Series C70 Gunmetal Black Steel ATX Mid Tower

everything in my custom loop is from EK.
-EK-Supremacy EVO
-EVGA® GeForce® GTX 1080 FTW water blocks
-EK-Furious Vardar EVO 120 (3000rpm)
-EK-CoolStream PE 240 (Dual)
-EK-CoolStream WE 360 (Dual)
-EK-XTOP Revo D5 PWM
-EK-FC1080 GTX FTW - Nickel
-EK-FC1080 GTX FTW Backplate - Nickel
-EK-FC Terminal DUAL Serial 3-Slot - Plexi
-EK-HD Tube 12/16mm
-EK-HDC Fitting 16mm G1/4 - Black Nickel with couple 90-block-extensions etc.

that's about it i think :)

This case is very small for everything it has inside
By that u mean flipping upside down so the fan will blow under?

- - - Updated - - -

tip5aW.jpg
MslvtI.jpg
XAEfFA.jpg
9wylTz.jpg

Last edited:
That fan on the PSU is intake, not exhaust. If you flip the psu around you will intake cooler air which your psu will thank you for. Be aware that you will also get more dust that way, so if a dust filter is an option be sure to use it. Usually the amount of dust is negligible but I still use the filter that came with my case.

Also have a look at this. Gives you a cleaner look if you'd like. Regardless, you did a pretty good job for a first timer.

By that u mean flipping upside down so the fan will blow under?

Yes and no. Yes flipping the PSU over but as Knoober pointed out that is the PSU intake.

That fan on the PSU is intake, not exhaust. If you flip the psu around you will intake cooler air which your psu will thank you for. Be aware that you will also get more dust that way, so if a dust filter is an option be sure to use it. Usually the amount of dust is negligible but I still use the filter that came with my case.

If I'm not mistaken that case does have bottom filters so dust should not be an issue. It's been a little while since I've seen a Vengeance C70 though.

Also have a look at this. Gives you a cleaner look if you'd like. Regardless, you did a pretty good job for a first timer.

That is really cool Jack!. I've never seen these.

Looks beautiful, I love the black with green lighting. Did a build 6 years ago without the the loop with the Borg from star trek in mind with a TT armour A90. Loved it but had to shut down the pc at night due the lights.

Looks great, it's like a work of art. Every time I see a well planned and executed hardline system like this one, I start thinking about putting one together too. But, like Neb says, hardlines are a PITA if you are swapping components in and out on a regular basis, like me. I've had the water block off 4 times in the last 3 months.

Never say never. We're all capable of doing anything we put our minds to it.

Speaking of which, anyone seen my noggin laying around?! :screwy:

You're right, but unfortunately, I don't have enough time to make my rig looks beauiful...

I'd like to, don't get me wrong, and I am sure I could if I had time enough... But, pfff... I barely can save enough time for my kids...So, good looking rig is not a priority (though I have one of the best 5820K around: 4.8GHz stable! COffee Lake can wait ;) ).

Back