• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My First Water Cooled build! 3960x, RIVE, 800D ^^

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Bad news pictures later. Finished modding case for 240 rad infront of PSU. Unfortunately while I was putting everything back together I skrewed the hot swap front end upside down (guy holding it never realized it was upside down). The skrews are stripped :(. Case ruined.

you can buy taps, dies, new screws/bolts, pop rivet gun etc. I would say it's ruined, just different.

No I feel like its ruined :(. Unfortunately things did not go to plan.... at all. Its now scratched, chipped, and has fugly mounts.

I am going to try to fix it and paint it up to see if I can mask off the ugliness... we will see. Hopefully I wont need a new one...

GFX Card -- DONE!

And here is the GFX Card. Installation was a breeze and made me want to get a second one. :)

The equipment..

IL31a.jpg

Before...

ITrhh.jpg

After...

KUvH9.jpg woBtj.jpg

So my water block had stuff on the copper side of it... I couldnt tell what it was so I started to clean it with dry q-tips. Q tips were coming up with blackness. Midway through I decided to stop cleaning it because I had no idea what it was and whether it was meant to be there. I make the right choice?

Also I washed my hands twice throughout the process -- but I am not positive I didnt get a finger print.

And I feel like I over-pasted the die. I did the plus sign that is shown in the instructions but when I took the block off it looked like a ton of paste. And it spilled over the sides of the die -- but honestly thats how the pattern was when I removed the stock HSF.

Anyhow should I undo my work and re do everything -- or should I wait till I power up and get temperatures?

Edit: Sorry original post was submitted by mistake and made no sense. :)

Last edited:
Update: mounted the Supreme HF and fixed my case!

If you ever strip screw use the dremel to cut a notch into the screw and use a slot screw driver. Works like a charm. I couldnt get the screw out with a screw extractor.

Back