• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Koolance mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hysteria

Registered
I have the basic koolance PC2-P case with the video card waterblock. Now, the performance of this case has always been mediocre yet extremely quiet (I like being able to hear :) ). On a whim I decided to put a low noise 92mm fan in the side to allow for some cool ait ro get into the case. I also put an 80mm exhaust fan on the rear and modified the power supply hold to allow an emermax to also act as an exhaust. The additional noise is not even noticable. However, before the mods I was registering a whopping 38C interior temp and 40C cpu temp at idle. Now after the mod I am sitting at 29C case temp and 34C cpu all at idle. Nice improvement for little effort and very little increase in noise. Will post a load temp comparison later.

Thanks craigiz1

I was debating on building a new system because the performance of the koolance was not all that great but I also didn't want something I couldn't easily lug around. I had an antec server tower that I put a danger den kit in but damn near gave myself a hernia just trying to move it a few feet ;). The koolance is working well now and my back is much more appreciative :).

Back