• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new Albatron Turbo from newegg. i will continually post updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Higher CPU clock speed will help, since the chase and lobby games are CPU and FSB dependent. Can you run at 183x10?

Edit: We almost have the exact system:D

Mine came from Newegg.com... it's doing fine at 305/690. It will go higher, but... my room is always HOT (and it makes me mad). Anyhow, i'll probably be selling this Ti4200 and getting something a little cheaper now that I don't game anymore. Now, all I use the computer for is internet, IRC and a stereo. Don't really need a Ti4200 for that. I'm going to look around at some GF3 Ti200's and probably buy another one. I would keep this Ti4200, but, it's overkill for my use... plus I could use a few bucks in my pocket. WEWT! DOWNGRADE SALE! haha.. first time that's probably been said on these forums. Perhaps i'm going to be an outcast now for speaking blasphemous :p

it would get faster with a faster cpu...but your cpu is really fast how it is...if it will go any faster I would push it, you will see an increase...but as apposed to what kind of temps? i would water cool the GPU when you get your new water block, then you will DEFINATELY get higher

with air cooling my cpu is 100% as high as it will go stabley. it will NOT do 9.5x184 and i know it is not my ram that will not handle that it is the cpu. AGOIA Y 0208 is not that great a stepping.

i really dont know if i should rma this new vidcard over a few hundred 3dmark points.... i gotta find a way to get better cooling on the core.

If theres nothing wrong with your card, other than not OCing well, don't bother to RMA it.

Try to use better cooling/Vmodd and see what happened. As long as you can play the games you wanted, its ok...although a few hundred pts in 3dmark would be nice too:D(jk)

well i just voided the warrenty on the second card so it looks like that one is here to stay. the first one which sucked hard (would do like 615 only on ram) was sent out today back to newegg.

i lapped the heatsink and put artic silver 3. lets hope that this will give me atleast 300mhz core.

i will post pics whenever i get the chance. btw the heatsink is really dinky no wonder why the core goes so low on mine... it is a VERY thin layer of copper i am thinkin of gettin a cooljag

Emericana said:
welli only get 12,500 3dmarks but then again that could be contributed to my system speed as well... do you think that getting a faster cpu will increase my 3dmark points? specs in sig

faster CPU speed will DEFINITELY increase your 3D marks, some of the highest scores are with P4 2.4's at 3GHZ, with a huge overclock like that coupled with a video card overclock you can not help but gain some pts. You may be getting to the max 3D mark from your current setup on both the vid card overclock and the cpu overclock

cisco kid

well so far the results of 1.5hours of lapping was a measly 2mhz increase of the core speed. right now my stable speed is 294/635 i tried 297/635 and that aint stable. however, artic silver has not yet set yet so when it does the gpu temp will go down a little bit.

here are some pics:
this is the core... as you can see it is a A3 stepping it seems the A2 steppings produced the best results. my gainward was a A2 and that did 330mhz core w/ stock cooling and AS2
DSC00030.jpg

here you can see that the heatsink is VERY thin on the card. i gotta get better cooling
DSC00032.JPG

here is my lap job at 600grit not that great but still a ton better then what it was before lapping
DSC00034.jpg

Back