• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Barton Chip

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ble81

Today I received my NEW Barton 2500 CPU. Here are the numbers on this puppy... AXDA2500DKV4D - T849227C41970
--- AQZFA0411TPMW --- 1999 AMD

I already know about what week and year this chip is - week 11 of 2004

I also know about the AXD number on this chip as well. ( I found that on the internet).

I do not know about the stepping and other numbers that are listed on this chip. ( I Know that the 1999 AMD is the trademerk and copyright (LOL) )

Can someone please enlighten me on the rest of these numbers?

Also what is the status on the week / year of this chip - I mean about the chip being locked or unlocked. Last years chip BEFORE week 39 came to us unlocked - but what about 2004 chips?

I understand that these can be o/c'ed to 3200, anyone know about this and can you please fill me in on these details??

Thanks
-Bri

As for the T849227C41970 I believe it's the wafer # yes you should have no problem overlclocking it to 3200 speed as mine is happen @ 2.5 right now with a 1.85 vcore but your cooling and other componets will be the main of your overclockability.

Barton's were superlocked week 39.

December 2003 I believe.

I had a 2004 Barton that I installed in a friend's computer for him, and it was most definately locked.

Opp's guess I should have read this alittle better. But still 11x200 shouldnt be a problem depending on you mobo, ram, psu, cooling etc.

Super locked 2500's shouldnt be much of a problem if you had good memory and good mobo you shoud max out the cpu in MHZ before you do in FSB.

11x230= 2530mhz

Just a quick work on my cooling. I am running a water cooled system. I am thinking about a different water block as I am running the Pop Can water block ( http://www.overclockers.com/tips980/ ) Not my idea J. Fettig gets the credit for this!!!
And I am running a homebrew cooling system. ( I think maybe it is time to rethink it though).
-Bri

hello again.... If you're doing this on water with good memory you should be able to just about max out that chip with FSB. Good luck and let us know how it goes. I had my desktop barton up to 2300MHz without even moving the voltage past 1.70. and I didn't have to do anything special for the cooling.... You should have no problem if you got a good chip.

Just an update - Tonight I put the new Barton in my computer. I have an Abit Mobo
the KD7-E. I went to start the computer and it gave me the "New CPU" error.
So I went into the soft menu III and tried to set the bios to the FSB to 166 * 12
Multiplier. And it still posted at the old chipset (Athlon T-Brird 1100Mhz) 1100Mhz.
Sometimes it would lock up my system. So it became apparent that I had to flash my Bios. I had been thinking about this for a while and had downloaded the Flash Menu download from the Abit web site. I had also contacted the Technical support from Abit with the question on how to flash the bios and what bios I should use to Flash it with and they also supported the Flash menu idea. So tonight I also did the Bios Flash. I did this because my chip was locking up my system and I felt it would solve this problem...... It did.
I am able to O/C this chip to 2039.02 Mhz so far.
I tried to go a little bit higher but since this is a NEW chip should I allow a burn in period?

Should I just put it back to it's 1833 Mhz FSB for a while so it will burn in ?

Thanks for the help and I will follow up on my O/C progress.

-Bri

Back