• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new toy is finished

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tomsawyer

Ok everyone and thier brother is selling water cooling kits these days. Pony up 150 bucks and your good to go it seems. SCREW THAT. I know you have to buy a good block as most people dont have acess to the machines to make them. The rest you can do your self. Here in full glory is my new water toy.

Block: Danger Den Cooling................$30
Pump: Rio 800.....................................$24
Tank: Glass "Sun Tea" 96 oz..............$02
Nylon Line: 20 feet................................$03
Copper Tube: 10 feet...........................$05
Clamps/Adaptors..................................$04
JB Weld..................................................$02
120MM Fans (2)....................................$14

Total........................................................$94

Some notes to on the above. The copper line was 84 cents a foot. Take a round pipe and CAREFULLY bend around into the shape of a coil spring. Spread out the product and wola; a cooling tube. I made two of these and they fit just right on top off each other above the power supply. The glass sun tea jar came from walmart and has a spout at the bottom that when gutted allows the power plug on the pump to slide on out. Apply JB Weld and it seals right up. I also used a reostat to controll the fans (front mounted and rear). You can get one for a buck. Now all this is just words but I am in the process of taking some new pictures of my system to comprise an article for Joe and Ed. In any event once i get my website updated Ill post a link.
For now my 850 amd thunderchicken is running just over 1100 at 26C while typing and it has yet to climb above 32C under Q3, Mech4 and UT. Any one want to buy my old PEP66T heatsink? I will sell it for half price :)

I got first dibs on that!!! Just what the Dr. ordered....

I've been looking for one of these locally, and none have been listed on e-BAY for a while now.

Please e-mail me with a price, including shipping, and your address. I WANT IT !!

Thank you!

(and thank you , Tim, for thinking enough to e-mail me with the info =) )

Mr B
[email protected]

Cool but it's never finished. My Danger Den equiped system has been up for about four weeks? Two major revisions so far! Enjoy.

Back