• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My new watercooling setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dakyris

I just finished converting my computer to water cooling
My old setup:
Antec Sonata (with the 380W PSU that was included with it, it's almost silent)
2 (1 front, Vantec Thermalflow and 1 rear, Antec fan that came with the case) 120mm fans for the case,
P4 3.4 GHZ HT 800Mhz FSB with 1MB of L2 cache (socket 478 Prescott)
Intel D875PBZ motherboard
ATI Radeon 9800XT (256mb)
1GB of Corsair 400Mhz RAM (2x512 MB in Dual Channel)
2x 200GB Western Digital Caviar SE S-ATA HD
Aerocool High Tower (HT-101 with a 2nd 80mm fan)

New one :
X-blade (2 80mm rear fans; 1 ultra, 1 that came with the case, 1 80 mm fan; the one that came with the Aerocool HT-101, 1 front 120mm fan, a delta 120mm fan I bought from elecgoldmine)
P4 3.4 GHZ HT 800Mhz FSB with 1MB of L2 cache (socket 478 Prescott)
Intel D875PBZ motherboard
ATI Radeon 9800XT (256mb)
1GB of Corsair 400Mhz RAM (2x512 MB in Dual Channel)
2x 200GB Western Digital Caviar SE S-ATA HD
Swiftech 6002-P cpu waterblock
DangerDen Maze4 GPU block
25" of blue tubes from DangerDen
Antec Sonata case for the pump, rad and res (1 rear delta, 1 front delta, 2 deltas on the rad)
Dual 5.25" bay reservoir
Eheim 1250 pump
custom rad (no brands, it's something I found in my garage)

So basicly what I did was transfer the part from the Sonata to the X-blade (including the PSU because the one that came with the X-blade sucked) Made a custom shroud to be able to fit 2 120mm fans on the rad (it's slightly too short) Asked my father to make a custom fan controller (based on a potentiometer) and a circuit to regulate and reduce the voltage for the delta in the X-blade case.

I'll have some pictures soon, I didn't have access to a digital camera so I'll have to scan them.

Perfomance :
Before : average 70-80C for the cpu, 50C for the case under load
Now : between 40C and 45C under load AND idle

I need to explain the "before" data, I asked my father to put the thermal compound on my ht-101, when I removed it there was a huge zone right over the cpu die without compound (1 cm by 0,5 cm)

EDIT : I want to thank everybody who replied to my other threads and who spoke with me (especially ls7corvete and magick_man)

A lot of credits goes to my father who helped me to build the system

Last edited:
Back