• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Wc Setup--56k DO NOT ENTER!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nstabl

My New Wc Setup--NOW 56k SAFE!!!!

THIS THREAD IS NOW 56K SAFE!!!! UPDATED PICS ON 8TH POST OF PAGE 2

9/19 Update Pic:
3.jpg

==================================
My equipment is in! Well half of it at least, still waiting for cool-technica's shipment of my Aquaxtreme-50z pump and some hose clamps, hopefully later today... Excited enough to begin my project prematurely, I brought my computer down to the workshop and started the operation......

Preface:

I purchased my new equipment about 3 weeks ago, no plans to OC or have anything past stock at all ..AND then we went to a lan party [20 minutes after i had built it] within a few hours of having my baby powered on, my adrenaline was pumpin as i was hitting 3.6 like nothing!! stock fan n all, temps were cool! This brought a huge temptation and here I am $300 later, literally, and I can't WAIT until this is done.. Planning on hitting 4+ stable, updates will be in sig and I'll let you guys know exactly how far I get. I also must give 1000 thanks to ocforums and their members for helping me in getting as far as I am.

Stage 1:

It begins early Friday morning... To my surprise, I got my parts from sidewinder computers extremely early [2 days after purchase!!!] which was packaged extremely well and tite, no room for play, which brings on the question-why is there 2 big *** gashes in the front of my black ice xtreme radiator?? [see pic] hopefully it doesn't leak.. THE RAD WAS REPLACED BY SIDEWINDER COMPUTERS IN UNDER A WEEK, THEY SHIPPED ME OUT A NEW ONE (WITH RETURN LABEL) THE MOMENT I CALLED AND INFORMED THEM, great cx service everything else in the package was fine, this includes: swiftec 6002 for 478 p4, coolsleeves-these are a ***** to put on; tygon 1/2" ID with 5/8"s OD which is SO thin I'd rather twril up aluminum foil and use it as a tube..JUST MY ADVICE, DO NOT USE EITHER OF THESE, TYGON IS GREAT, BUT NOT THAT THIN. COOLSLEEVES, GAY. moving on; thermaltake 94 cfm 120mm fan; 40mm fan for north bridge; THERMALTAKE REPLACED BY: 100+ CFM FAN by sunon which sounds retarded, like i have cold air intake and exhaust in my computer and not a huge gain in temp relief either. i HIGHLY recommend the delta 3 blade medium speed its so queit and high CFMs, You see the 3 blade in action in these pics as I just barely put this new sunon on. dual uv lights; AS5; and mini mosfet heatsinks-these are not mini at all, they are far to large especially for saying they're 'desiged' for mosfets, ffaaarr too large..

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0101.jpg

To my luck, as I had planned, the radiator fit just perfectly behind my 120mm case fan!! I cut the metal grill (to prevent noise and have more airflow) and replaced the stock fan with a thermaltake 94cfm loud *** piece but at least it came with a fan controller ...which doesn't work because i pinched the wire when i mounted the fan :bang head

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0122.jpg

After mounting the fan I realized the airflow is backwards, I had to flip it around and this caused me to pinch the speed control connector, it fell off soon after...

Continued on next post..... [Ran out of tags]

Last edited:
To get the rad to fit on, I had to cut a little piece of metal behind the case [see above pic with fan grill cutout, kinda hard to tell.. it was a little tab sticking out] also the side panel will not fit until i do some modding on it, it will be fine as soon as i shave the areas where the rad is blocking it from sliding on.

The 40mm fan fit perfectly on the chipset heatsink.. using superglue gel and regular superglue, I stuck it on.. The stickiness was not great between the metal and the plastic and I'll let you know when it falls off :p [the stock fan is on the proc because I'm still using this computer.. waiting for my pump to get to my front door]

Tip: If you ever mount a fan with the wires on the backside [as the pic below shows] DONT PINCH EM!!!

IMG_0124.jpg

I also cut the holes out to the front of my case [for the 80mm to suck cool air in] got a pic if anyone wants it...

Now, the swiftec 6002. Nothing too interesting here.. Just a fat and heavy block, the clamps, and the blue harness. It also came with 2 hose clamps...

IMG_0109.jpg

I still can't find out where the 'case' temperature guage is on the board. The tech support at Asus is filled with absolute dumbasses, email me if you want a copy of their emails to see for yourself, I don't want to post them---it is UNBELIEVABLE. They are stupid as hell [I work tech support so I must comment heavily] lazy as hell, and like to pass the buck... They told me, AND I QUOTE!!!!! "The only thing we could give you is the phone number to reach our engineers in Taiwan. Their contact is +886-2-2894-3447." OK, Do they speak english??? Will you pay for my long distance bill?? And how the HELL do you not know the answer for a question so simple on a motherboard so WIDELY USED???

Updates coming soon. Questions/Comments please let me know by PM or at [email protected]...

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a nice setup. Tech Support from mobo makers can be close to useless in my experience. Abit is alright so long as you don't mention the phrase "faulty capacitors".

if all you did was pinch the wires on the fan controller. its should be easy enough to cut the damaged part, and reconnect new leads. shouldn't be more than two wires anyways.

noxqzs said:
if all you did was pinch the wires on the fan controller. its should be easy enough to cut the damaged part, and reconnect new leads. shouldn't be more than two wires anyways.
yup should be simple, planning on doing it after work today... thanks

when i switched my rad/fan combo to suck cool air in the way yours was first i had 2C cooler temps then blowing the warmer case air through the radiator

Moto7451 said:
Looks like a nice setup. Tech Support from mobo makers can be close to useless in my experience. Abit is alright so long as you don't mention the phrase "faulty capacitors".

OMG, abit F***in SUCKS!! I sent my board in to get reapaired and it took them a month to get fixed, they sent me no status updates and everytime i called to find out it aways was buisy or i would get a dissconnected tone.

I was SOOO mad

but Finally got it back last friday :santa:

outhouse said:
when i switched my rad/fan combo to suck cool air in the way yours was first i had 2C cooler temps then blowing the warmer case air through the radiator
ya and flip the rad around so that the barbs are into the case, just drill some holes :beer:

Looking good man. Drill some 7/8" Holes for the RAD and flip it so the barbs are going into the case (Where u drilled the 7/8" Holes). Will look better ;)

itchy5 said:
o and clean your cable mess...
don't like my cable party :bday: ??? i can flip the rad, sounds like a great idea!! for the tubing my case actually has an open slit to run them, but im still gonna go with flipping it around.. the fan on the other hand i still want blowing out.. explanation below... now to find a drillbit!!

shellshock said:
OMG, abit F***in SUCKS!!
yea, asus just sent me a crazy *** email after me asking 'how do you not know', haha pi55ed em off i guess.. 'and yes our technicians in Taiwan DO speak english, Thank You!!!' muhaha

...havent fixed the pinched wires yet.. too lazy :rolleyes:

outhouse said:
on blowing hot air into the case.. is that a good idea? everrrything else will heat up more, especially when putting more pressure on my system, like in gaming, all that hot air in my case heating up my gpu.. i think i want to put a nice lil 80 mm in the front where i cut open the holes and have the air flowing out from the back, plus the psu is gonna be all hot back there, seems the flow would be funky. dont get me wrong, great ideas, but id like to keep the hot air out; my case is going to be sealed, im also putting an 80mm fan on the side blowing air in.. (to try to keep up with that 95 cfm's being pushed out) <----comments on this?? :shrug:

tyrant222 said:
looks like your having fun. does your case have a window?
actually yes its great... the case doesn't have a window but does have a little place for the 'duct' to the cpu, which can easily be replaced with an 80mm fan... whooooooottt

Excellent job on your parts. Nice and clean for a first setup. I would suggest smoothing or filing out those edges on the 120 case fan hole, sharp edges are evil. Looking forward to seeing pics of the setup complete with pump now.

What cant you find about the case temp? There is no general "case" temperature, as the temps will be hotter near the cpu, cooler near the disk drives, etc. Mainly just use Asus Probe for your mobo/cpu temps, although the probe temp is never within 5* of the actual temp, check for reviews. Other ambient temperatures you can get:
Look in the 6800 drivers page for ambient near the gpu
Use Speed Fan/other program to read hd S.M.A.R.T. ambient temps
Any other temp probes you might have can be placed around the inside of your case

Otherwise, I dont get your question.

Nice setup BTW :thup:

chunkeymunkey25 said:
What cant you find about the case temp? There is no general "case" temperature, as the temps will be hotter near the cpu, cooler near the disk drives, etc. Mainly just use Asus Probe for your mobo/cpu temps, although the probe temp is never within 5* of the actual temp, check for reviews. Other ambient temperatures you can get:
Look in the 6800 drivers page for ambient near the gpu
Use Speed Fan/other program to read hd S.M.A.R.T. ambient temps
Any other temp probes you might have can be placed around the inside of your case

Otherwise, I dont get your question.

Nice setup BTW :thup:
What up chunk.. The temps I'm talking about is the 'case' temperature. I know the cpu temp shows for the 'cpu' but the case temp.... Is that showing me the temp of my northbridge chip... is it showing temps of a random spot of my motherboard-and if so.. what spot on my motherboard. I am just trying to find out exactly what temp is reading 32 degrees on my asus probe and where that temp sensor is..

Besides the temps.. pump should be in TODAY!! w0000t... PLUS I went a little overboard on the american express+newegg :rolleyes: and... I ordered an OCZ PowerStream 520 and another 512 hyperx ram--CANT WAIT... lan party this friday so i need to get werkn!! :p

so far, sidewinder is showing concern towards the damaged radiator..good customer service, but as i said.... 'so far' I will let you guys know what happens with that..

Distilled water is in the garage! And the pump should complete the set. Any tips on setting this up, positioning of where the pump and water sits, and im guessing I will have the 'T' connector where the pump sucks in and just hook up the 3rd line in the gallon of distilled, it'll start suckin, add some coolant, and im good? thanks for the feedback!! :)

Wow check this out, from sidewinder.. about 5 minutes ago.. this is highly exceptional customer service :D

Mat,
Thanks for the followup email. The pictures look like something fell on the rad at some point and bent those fins. Today I will send you a new black ice xtreme in blue. Inside there will be a label with postage to send us the radiator back at no cost to you. Please be sure to hang onto those fittings.

nstabl said:
What up chunk.. The temps I'm talking about is the 'case' temperature. I know the cpu temp shows for the 'cpu' but the case temp.... Is that showing me the temp of my northbridge chip... is it showing temps of a random spot of my motherboard-and if so.. what spot on my motherboard. I am just trying to find out exactly what temp is reading 32 degrees on my asus probe and where that temp sensor is..

Besides the temps.. pump should be in TODAY!! w0000t... PLUS I went a little overboard on the american express+newegg :rolleyes: and... I ordered an OCZ PowerStream 520 and another 512 hyperx ram--CANT WAIT... lan party this friday so i need to get werkn!! :p

so far, sidewinder is showing concern towards the damaged radiator..good customer service, but as i said.... 'so far' I will let you guys know what happens with that..

Distilled water is in the garage! And the pump should complete the set. Any tips on setting this up, positioning of where the pump and water sits, and im guessing I will have the 'T' connector where the pump sucks in and just hook up the 3rd line in the gallon of distilled, it'll start suckin, add some coolant, and im good? thanks for the feedback!! :)

first of why buy another 512 of ram when your already having problems with it keeping up w/ you CPU, you should have just bought some OCZ 3200 plat rev2, that stuff scales up to 300+, secondly for the t line dont let it suck water from the jug cuase RUNNING A 50Z DRY for even a second WILL !@#$ IT OVER! pour the water into the T with a funnul and then turn the pump on and keep pouring :santa:

Back