• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Winchester Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ewalk123

Looks good bro.... does this look familiar?:cool:
IMG_1698.jpg

Hopefully your Winchester is better than mine...my WC sux, does 2.55 tops.

ewalk123 said:
Believe me Sen, I know all about your Winchester adventure. I've read your entire thread and now im watching OC550's.
<sigh> ...yea I really wish it has gone better than it turned out. :( Such is life I suppose

PARTS STARTED ARRIVING TODAY!
Here is what i've got and what i've done so far:

Case (Big, Yellow And Ugly...Perfect :clap: )
case.jpg

Removed Fan Grills From Case
case_stripped.jpg

Case Fans (VERY SHORT CABLES! :eek: )
fans.jpg

Fan Controller
sunbeam.jpg

Power Supply
psu.jpg

CPU
cpu_box.jpg

CPU Close Up (im a little dissapointed at how old this CPU is :eh?: )
cpu_closeup.jpg

Heat Sink
hs.jpg

Motherboard
mobo.jpg

CPU Installed
mobo_cpu.jpg

Heatsink Installed (i also used AS5 but forgot to take a pic)
mobo_hs.jpg

Tornado Installed
mobo_hs_fan.jpg

CPU / HS / FAN Side Angle... DAM thats tall. :p
mobo_hs_fan2.jpg

Well, Thats about all that I can do for now. Im still waiting for my RAM and some fan cables to arrive. :bang head

Last edited:
Thats awsome, I am genna take pics of mine,btw mind linking me to that fan controller?

edit: didnt see links :D

what was the total cost?

Last edited:
Well, it looks like the UPS stike has held up my RAM for a couple days. :mad:
Nevertheless, I went ahead and installed everything excect the RAM.

Fan Cables
cables.jpg

Inside (still a little more cable organization to do)
inside1.jpg

Drive Bays
front_open.jpg

Finishing Touch
badge.jpg

front_closed.jpg

Last edited:
Well, i was wrong, those two black things which I thought were screws are not. I am assuming the SB fan must be unfastened from the back side of the mobo. Is this correct?

ewalk123 said:
Well, i was wrong, those two black things which I thought were screws are not. I am assuming the SB fan must be unfastened from the back side of the mobo. Is this correct?
Yep :( they are squeeze pins

Sentential said:
Yep :( they are squeeze pins

I hate that...put the mobo in & find out squeeze pins hold everything on....I think it would be best to put 6-32 nuts&bolts insted (maybe plastic) like a thumbscrew........

Yes I agree, thumbscrews would make much more sense. That is what I thought those two black things on the SB fan were until a started turning, and turning, and turning... and nothing happened. grrr

looking good but i though that heatpipes dont work when placed verticle or is it horizontal... bah i cant remember...

Back