• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Winchester Rig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Tamasha_Strife: Thanks, yes it is a very nice looking PSU. It wasn't that expensive, check the link in my first post, I got the PSU and the case for $150 CAD which isn't that much imo.

clocker2: I am also a little concerned about this. There is room to get the RAM under there, but I might have to remove the mobo in order to do it.

Looks like my RAM is still held up for some reason. I really really hope it arrives today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
My first Canadian friend. Nice setup.
But those Panaflo Fans are damn expensive.
Thanks

Thanks.
Yup, the fans were quite expensive. That was the only place in Canada that I could find that had any in stock though. I hope they perform as well as people have told me. If I ever get my RAM I will be able try everything out. Unfortunatly it is still in Winnipeg!

ewalk123 said:
Thanks.
Yup, the fans were quite expensive. That was the only place in Canada that I could find that had any in stock though. I hope they perform as well as people have told me. If I ever get my RAM I will be able try everything out. Unfortunatly it is still in Winnipeg!
TO be honest I wouldnt trust TigerDirect, i have been in their store, and their service was terrible. Most of the things were used. Thats why they preffer to sell some things online only.
Thanks

Sentential said:
Hate to break it to ya, but pull the mobo back out. Check the thermalpaste under the southbridge. Mine had none on it.

Well, i unplugged everything, removed the mobo, and removed the SB fan. There was some sort of creamy thermal paste on there, but not very much. I cleaned it all off and put some fresh AS5 on instead. :clap:

And just to make it right, heat pipes can work anyway. If its got the pipes to the side, or down temps will be almost the same. But never place it with the pipes up and curving back down cause they the heat will sit in the bends at the top.

MY RAM FINALLY ARRIVED!

ram.jpg

ram_closeup.jpg

Ok, time to install windows and let the overclocking begin!!!!! :clap:

watch out for corecell because i heard that it was not a very good program and was very buggy at least with my motherboard...

Just about all of the windows changing programs are buggy. The only pretty good one is clockgen, but bios ocing is still preferrable.

Back