• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My quickly custom made bench

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WonderingSoul

Team 32 Folding Member
I wanted to keep this as simple as possible and didn't really want to make a build log but just wanted to share the experience and finished product. I did this on my day off Monday in about two and a half hours.

I started with two 2' x 2' MDF boards and painted them. I looked to MattNo5ss' copper framed MDF station for some serious inspiration.

List of materials:
TWO 2' x 2' sheets of MDF board
Rubber insulated rivet nut 6-32, .015"-.156" Material thick range
Nylong socket head cap screw, 6-32, 1-3/4"
One 4' length of 1" x 1" x 1/8" Aluminum angle
some random wood screws.
In total I spent maybe $50

I started by putting 1.25 x 1.25" notches in each corner to accept the aluminum angles. Drilled and screwed them to the MDF boards. I had made a simple template using the ATX specs dimensions and Solidworks. Printed the template and easily laid it out on the board to drill the hole templates. Placed the screws through and threaded the nuts on. To put the slots in for the wires was pretty easy. I used a 3/4" drill to make the holes 3" apart and a simple jig saw to cut the material out. Installation was a breeze and I have a ton of room for my coming watercooling project too.

And finally, pics! My wires are a mess, I know :p Hopefully I can get some more this Sunday when I get home from a family function.

img4500y.jpg

img4498h.jpg

img4497d.jpg

WonderingSoul, well done bro, looking great , simplicity and functionality, have a look at My Tech bench or Navigs for some other cool tips for mounting the Fans for extra cooling ect.

looking forward to seeing more!

Pretty big... I'm guessing you left the extra space for some possible rads in the future? Thats always cool.

I acquired all my other components for the water cooling!

MCP355 + XSPC Res top
Enzotech Sapphire CPU block
Swiftech Micro Res
Feser XChanger Quad 120mm with four 120mm low speed Yates.

Back