• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My temps.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lummoxx

I rebuilt my machine, to clean it, lap the cpu heatsink, put some arctic alumnia on it, replace a fan, and pencil my bridges.

Before:
messycase.jpg

After:
cleancase.jpg

At startup, temps went as high as 42c idle. That night, I shut it down.

The next night, I turned it on, and temps steadied at 39c idle. Room temp dropped overnight, and it was noticeably cool in the room, and the machine was 32c idle. Got home from work, and it was back up to 39c idle.

Keep in mind, these are temps from the probe on an Asus A7V-133. While some say it tends to read high, I don't think mine is reading very high, based on the 32c reading. :)

Opinions?

So you let your system sits idle all the time? Idle temp mean nothing. Load er up for 24-48hrs or always with seti :cool:

your PC heats your room up too? man, i am honestly
sweating from my damn PC. evey room in the house
is 65F, and mine is like 90F

im getting a window air condtioner thing for this crap room.
its soo damn hot.

Try 5 machines in the same room. Talk about sweating. I closed off all the AC vents in the apartment cept the one in this room just to keep it bearable in here.

Then again, I LIKE it cold anyhow.

Back