• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my x800 pro candidate

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
That card is not a VIVO. The yellow connector is not even soldered on, just the outline of where it should be.

You just wanting an XT?

Last edited:
Ouch thats expensive :(

That card is not a VIVO. The yellow connector is not even soldered on, just the outline of where it should be.

You just wanting an XT?

if the differnece in price is another $50 then yeah an XT will have to do.....I mean how much MORE performance is an XT PE over say a Normal XT....I know the difference between the Pro and XT is the pipelines....so I assume the XT PE is just an overclocked XT...am I mistaken?

treepop said:
so with just a software flash I can fry it?

Don't buy into that. Of the hundreds of flashes I've seen, I have *maybe* seen one die, and it most likely wasn't from the flash.

The only card you can successfully flash to open up pipelines is the VIVO Pro card. But I believe that the XT is just a few bucks more, so it would probably be wiser to just go with that.

The only card you can successfully flash to open up pipelines is the VIVO Pro card. But I believe that the XT is just a few bucks more, so it would probably be wiser to just go with that.

Thats what I was thinking....why buy a x800pro with a CHANCE of becoming an XT when you could just buy an XT for about the same cost......I would rather get the cheapest x800pro on the market and just pump the core and mem......I mean I look at the bench marks and it seems the XT is not $200 better then the pro....its just better and I think people wanna have the best(understandable)......I ordered the x800pro for $384 from that aformentioned link......thats the cheapest I could find it.....I am going to see how well it can do with 12 pipes and a huge oc :D....I mean with the money saved from not getting a vivo.....$50 or so....I can buy a nice Cooler and still have money for FOOD! ;).......I am excited to see how the overclock does on a 12 pipeline card :D

yeah keep us posted. i've got a bba x800pro non vivo on the way and im hoping for some good results with it as well. it appears to me that the 4 extra pipes are not really making that big of difference in a lot of cases with the same clocks. im gonna watercool mine and hope to get it to xtpe speeds. the mem may not reach 560 but im confident that i can get the core to 520 and prolly even higher with a good watercooling setup. good luck with your card.

yeah keep us posted. i've got a bba x800pro non vivo on the way and im hoping for some good results with it as well. it appears to me that the 4 extra pipes are not really making that big of difference in a lot of cases with the same clocks. im gonna watercool mine and hope to get it to xtpe speeds. the mem may not reach 560 but im confident that i can get the core to 520 and prolly even higher with a good watercooling setup. good luck with your card.

thanks for the vote of confidence...I will keep you all posted with the results

Back