• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nasty temps!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

peewee

after i installed my new 1.4 my temps are like 52c now watercooled!!!
i've knoticed on my cooling system, the fluid is not coming out fast atall and its not even filling the 3/8 tubing it looks like its just peeing through the tubes, could my rad be to high up , its ontop of my powersupply in a full tower and the reservoir is at the bottom, and its pumping from the res to the rad to the block, any suggestion who temps so high???

I had two things come to mind. Either your sucking some air in to the system somewhere or your pump just can't handle the load. If your sucking air through one of your connections then it's going to be harder for the pump to work. OR if you have the info check the "head" on your pump. It will tell you the highest distance your pump can work effectively. You may need to invest in a larger pump. What are you using now ?

zoopa_man (Jun 14, 2001 11:01 a.m.):
I had two things come to mind. Either your sucking some air in to the system somewhere or your pump just can't handle the load. If your sucking air through one of your connections then it's going to be harder for the pump to work. OR if you have the info check the "head" on your pump. It will tell you the highest distance your pump can work effectively. You may need to invest in a larger pump. What are you using now ?

IM USING A MAXIJET 295GPA ITS I THINK 61 INCH MAX HEIGHT AND IM USING ABOUT 3-4 FEET OF LINE NOW... IM GONNA TAKE MY RAD OUT AND PUT IT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS, ALSO IF I WAS GETTING AIR IN FROM ONE OF THE LINES WOULDENT I HAVE A LEAK?

No, you wouldn't nescessarily get a leak, you can actually create a slight vacuum, causing air to be drawn into the system, in certain situations. Also, question for you. How did you bleed the system?

CrystalMethod (Jun 14, 2001 12:57 p.m.):
No, you wouldn't nescessarily get a leak, you can actually create a slight vacuum, causing air to be drawn into the system, in certain situations. Also, question for you. How did you bleed the system?

i have a reservoir setup and i didint bleed it at all
didit think a reservoir setup needed to be bleed?

oh yeah, they need to be bled big time. That is almost certainly why your temps are so high. Toms articl on water cooling had a very nice section about bleeding the air.

William (Jun 14, 2001 10:30 p.m.):
oh yeah, they need to be bled big time. That is almost certainly why your temps are so high. Toms articl on water cooling had a very nice section about bleeding the air.

where is the article? also i have moved my radiator from the top of my case to the bottom and i'm getting 10c-12c cooler temps now, im at like 40, plus i got this 1.4 to 1.61ghz now stable with 151fsb!!! at stock voltage 1.7
i got a pelt on the way and a dd block so im gonna be in good shape, i'm gonna redo the plumbing tomorow so i have less tubing and run the pump to the block instead of from the pump to the rad and see if i get cooler temps or higher
and my case temps are like around 31c room temp is around 75f whatever that is in celcius..

Back