• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a bit of help with my network

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ou_phidelt

Thanks to your suggestions I recieved my WRT54GL today. I didn't have a lot of time to mess with it before I had to leave for but I could'nt get it connected. Once I had everything connected my computer cannot see the router. Even with using the set-up CD when it checks for the connection it cannot get one. Going by the status lights on the router it is connected to everything including the internet. I also turned off windows firewall and I have no other firewalls installed. I have a feeling that it is related to windows(vista) but no way to substantiate that at this point. The cable are fine as I connect to the internet fine when connected directly to the modem. I have also followed the whole shut down restart sequence for computer, router, and modem. I am a bit of a loss at this point.

edit
Also I did try 192.168.1.1 and cannot connect to it.

Run the network set up wizard in Vista. Control Panel > Network & Sharing Center > connect to a network.

No luck with that. As far as Vista is concerned there is also no router connected. I also have bluetooth network running if that may make a difference.

I got it working. I still have no idea what was wrong. Ut mysteriously started working when I called Linksys. Pretty much the same deal as when you car stops making that weird sound once you get it to the dealership. Now to work on the custom firmwares.....

I got it working. I still have no idea what was wrong. Ut mysteriously started working when I called Linksys. Pretty much the same deal as when you car stops making that weird sound once you get it to the dealership. Now to work on the custom firmwares.....

That's a 'feature' in vista. "The wow starts now!" :beer:

At least Linksys doesn't charge 83$ an hour for phone tech support.

Yeah you can't beat free 24/7 tech support. I am a Lynksys from now on. I jad used them in the past and moved on to other vendors. But I am going back to where never should have left.

Back