• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need affordable psu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Psittac

A friend of mine has offered me a 580 to upgrade my pc for $50

problem is I need a psu

in another post someone told me that corsair 600w go on sale for $50 on newegg.

Anyone have suggestions? I know a proper psu is important and the only thing I have used in the past is antec, this build I used corsair. So far both have worked really well.

Holy cow, many threads on essentially the same subject!!!

As said in the other thread, that Corsair will be fine. I assume he was talking CX600. It has the connectors, its quality while not teir1, is plenty good.

yeah sorry, figured I would get the best input in a psu section.

one was for a program which I happened to mention my situation
other was about upgrading and it had few responses.

Reason i'm looking for a psu is the sooner I get the psu the sooner I can sell my card and get my money back. I currently have $.20 in my debit card and savings account is empty so money is tight. If I don't have to wait for it to go on sale I can move faster. My friend said I can just pay him back when I get the money but I can't in good conscience buy a psu before paying him back.

You can see they were merged...

Anyway, Does the CX500 have two 6+2 pins? I would run your PC at its current clocks and a 580 at stock... Hell I had a 690 running off a 550W PSU just fine... ;)

yeah it has two pci-e pins on it

you think 500w will run a 580 and my quad core clocked to 4.4g?

I guess I can unclock for a while while I wait on a psu

edit: just opened case and it does have 2x 6+2

I would run your PC at its current clocks and a 580 at stock... Hell I had a 690 running off a 550W PSU just fine...

The 580 has a TDP of 243W. So at stock speeds, the absolute most it will pull is 243W.. but it wont get there. Your CPU may be 110W at 100% load @ 4.4Ghz.. Total system draw I would imagine to be under 400W with the specs in your sig. ;)

The 580 has a TDP of 243W. So at stock speeds, the absolute most it will pull is 243W.. but it wont get there. Your CPU may be 110W at 100% load @ 4.4Ghz.. Total system draw I would imagine to be under 400W with the specs in your sig. ;)

you rock =D

I'll get the gpu from him tomorrow and get my 560 for sale, might just put it up on craigslist so I can hook it up for someone buying it and show them it's fine.

edit: I do have a 500g and 80g hdd but can unhook the 80g. Would prefer keeping the 500g on but can take it off temporarily until I get a new psu if required

I was killing some time at micro center and saw a sale on a cx750m and went ahead and got it since i just got paid.

Any ideas what i should sell my evga 560ti and cx500 for on craigslist? Both are a year and a half old. I want to sell them seperate.

Back